Customer Service

pokerguru

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2005
As a subscriber to BH I feel there customer service is poor. Does anyone else have the same concern?

For example, I sent them an email via their website verbalizing my disappointment with the service since I had interruptions of service twice this year. One for 48 hours, the other 24 hours. During this time of service interruption, I never received a call back making sure my service was restored or anything. Don't you think when a customer calls to report an outage a CSR would follow up. Anyways, I called back to let them know my service had returned and to credit my account for the days of no service. I'm the customer paying for this service, yet, I'm doing all the work. :mad:

As of today it has been almost 3 weeks since I sent the email, and I have not received a reply or a phone call inquiring about my concerns. This leads me to believe that BH could care less. :(

Any thoughts? :confused:

what area bright house do you have. you are right you should not have to go through that. i don't have any expierence with their customer support because i have not yet have a problem.

let us know what area.

At least in Tampa the customer service isn't that great. I've been calling BHN for weeks about audio breakups when recording anything on Showtime Family East and West on their DVRs. For some reason that is the only channel that I record on both the 8000, 8300 and 8300HD models that has severe sound breakups. All they ever say is that nobody else called this in and to reboot the box but that never helps. Even watching it live causes breakups but I can't say if a non DVR box would work fine or not but every channel besides those two work great.

Also for anyone who wants to know BHN in Tampa Bay at least in North and South Pinellas now have HD Movies on Demand on channel 750. They have a few Imax movies and a few regular movies but I've seen all of them so I won't pay 4.95 for them. Because I didn't watch any I can't tell you if any are in DD5.1 or OAR for that matter.

LonghornXP said:
Also for anyone who wants to know BHN in Tampa Bay at least in North and South Pinellas now have HD Movies on Demand on channel 750. They have a few Imax movies and a few regular movies but I've seen all of them so I won't pay 4.95 for them. Because I didn't watch any I can't tell you if any are in DD5.1 or OAR for that matter.

i haven't gotten around to checking out the hd indemand either. i very rarely ever get ppv movies. netflix, hbohd, and shohd hold me over.

they're the only cable company around here (detriot area) i'd want to have anything to do with, as a customer or a contractor. they're about to launch voip, too.

Are you sure it wont work with the alarm? Just curious as it works with about 97% of the alarm dialers I've seen. The main problem I kno of with the alarms is sometimes the line is not directed to the alarm panel straight out of the modem before it enters the phone lines and this can (will) cause the alarm not to send if somebody's on the phone or the alarm will go into trouble alert if it doesn't see the voltage on the line. I've fixed many of these and got'em to work fine (I worked for an alarm co.). Also had 2 customers who where using digital phone service for dial-up internet and voltage from dial-up modem caused havok and sometimes outage of phone service. I believe certain modems have 5Vlt dc on the rail? Not exactlly a modem wizard :) I live in Pasco county Fl. and will check them Showtime channels also.

Poker... forgot to say that I got a phone call once from a tech once when I had an outage (drunk neighbor down the street ran over a green pedestal and I seen it and didn't even think that that was our problem) and he left message on voice mail saying the outage was fixed and that the office see's an IP on my digital box and that they kno that I'm working to call back if any other problems. When I got home he was right... back on like new. I didn't recieve credit for the time out and when I checked with my other neighbors it seems I was the only one to call them (just like when power goes out on my street, I ask the wife if she called the power co. and she say's no, somebody else is sure to call..). I didn't call for my one day credit cause who wants to go thru that hassle for what.. $2. Stick to your guns thou, I'de give them a call if I wanted it bad enought to sit on hold 10 minutes.

Brighthouse customer service

I'm new to Brighthouse Cable in the Orlando area-about a month so far- (because I cannot put a dish on the apt. I moved to) and I gotta say I am completely disappointed with pretty much everything. Both digital and analog signal problems. I have had 9 different techs to my apartment and have gotten a different problem cause with each and every excuse possible, meanwhile, no results. No matter what is done, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have spoken to many, many reps on the phone and so far noone seems to want to help me out. I am wondering what I can do to actually get my issues resolved. :(

you might be in a tought situation if the cabling to your apartment is bad. the only thing you can really do since you can't get satellite is keep complaining. maybe they will rewire if the keep getting calls. how is your neigbhors quality. check with them to see if they are having the same problem.

welcome to the site. hope to see you around and don't be afraid to ask any more questions.

Hey, thanks for the heads up- it has been deduced again today with tech #9 that the problem indeed lies outside and it needs to be brought up with a higher level "maintenance tech". I called and found out that 3 calls were placed for one of these "maintenance techs" to my apt. to fix the problem and yet nothing has changed. They don't even check in with the customer to see if what they did worked. I don't get it.

korsjs said:
they have it down here, but i don't use it because it will not work with the alarm.

Wow, are you miss-informed... That is simply NOT true... If your alarm company told you this, then they are miss-informed as well...

Ive been installing the VOIP in my area since its inception over here, and there has only been ONE system that it did not work with. And it turned out, the reason it didn't work, was that the system was actually broken, and not a problem of the cable/voip modem..

Let me add some more information to this... All that needs to be done to make it work properly, is to get a "dedicated line" ran from the cable modem to the outside "nid" or "demark point". Thats the same box that at&t/bellsouth/whoever the phone company is in your area installed on the outside. After that has been done, there is NO differnce on how the alarm system works with the phone system.

Khandurian......

will it work if the power goes out for an extended period of time and the battery back up for the internet is dead?

i understand it will work most of the time, but their are no guarentees. what i am looking into now is ADT's cellular transmittion. it calls the company using wireless technology instead of using the land line. no issues their and i could drop my land line.

Yes, theres a battery inside (removable if it goes bad) that is "supposed" to have an idle time of 3 hours, 1.5 hours if being used... which this can be greatly extended by purchasing any type of UPS system... Of course, the larger the better... :>

Khandurian.....