Customer service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

otter5390

Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Lakeville, MN
To make a long story short...Directv messed my order up four times, losing it several times. Giving me two installation dates cancelling it twice and giving me a third, without notifying me. There are more details but that is the short version. I cancelled my order and looked at the alternatives....not impressed with anyone.

Is this normal for Directv?

I ordered 1 hd-dvr,1 dvr and 2 standard boxes.

To make a long story short...Directv messed my order up four times, losing it several times. Giving me two installation dates cancelling it twice and giving me a third, without notifying me. There are more details but that is the short version. I cancelled my order and looked at the alternatives....not impressed with anyone.

Is this normal for Directv?

I ordered 1 hd-dvr,1 dvr and 2 standard boxes.

I would say NO its not normal, but it seems to happen more and more to potential new subs.I have never had any problems either and I have a friend who works at one of the biggest if not the biggest installers in the Cincinnati area.He was able to come out and do my install on the side because his normal working days are booked solid.I guess as he put it, business is real good right now @ D* and they cannot keep up with the number of installers that they have too work with.Not all of there installs are new customers as they are still swapping out the old 3lnb`s for the slim line antennas but there is a wait unless you know someone on the inside that will try and do it on the side.

thank you for the input...I have been hearing that customer service is normally good. Charter Cable is expensive. I would save around $20 a month with either D* or E* for the same service.

I guess when business is good, customer service sometimes suffers.

Through the years with D* I've had more missed appointments than I care to count. I've ALWAYS made a point when calling them that they MUST take my cell phone to have the installer call me before he goes over. When they miss an appointment it just costs them money. Of course I want them to do what they say that they are going to do, but it still costs them money. Two months ago they missed two appointments in three days. POOF!!! $200 credit, PLUS free RSN for six months. All it would have taken was a phone call from the installer, yet they tried to cover up by saying that they were there and left a door hanger. Sorry guys, this time I was home the whole day for one of them. They never showed.

Is it normal, no. Does it happen? More than a little.

Tried to get compensated for losing 2 days at work, etc. D* made a minimal offer ($100) and was told it was the best that could be done. Maybe I was expecting too much.

The local installers were great. It was D* cancelling the orders and rescheduling them.

Was there something special about 02-01? The local installers referenced that day and HD but did not give details.

I haven't had any installation problems in about 13 years, because I have always done them myself.

Had some heated words with the last installer who came to install what I had already done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)