Customer unhappy in st. louis (story from KTVI)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jhamps10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2005
Flora, IL
PROBLEMS WITH CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS

Two cable customers called Contact 2 after months of trying to resolve problems with Charter Communications. One man claims he’s been waiting on a refund for a couple hundred dollars. The other just wants what he says he was promised.

“A gentleman knocked on my door, said he seen that I had Charter cable with them and wanted to know if I would convert my internet and telephone to them, that there was a special offer going on at this time.” Reverend Dan Watts signed up for that special offer through Charter, called Triple $99.99. It was to include telephone, internet, and cable for $99.99. He never received a bill for that amount. Instead, his bills ranged from $55 to $278. Watts also claims Charter billed him before his phone service even started. “I was getting telephone bills for four and a half months before I ever had a phone with them. I don't think it's fair; you are trying to take advantage of a senior citizen here and that's what I feel you are trying to do. I'm going to contact Contact 2, the Attorney General and whomever else.” When we contacted Charter Communications they immediately tried to take care of Dan Watts’ problems. Charter claims there was a dispute over exactly what was included in the contract for $99.99, but they went ahead and credited his account for more than $400 and agreed to a plan. Watts’ bills should now be the same every month.

Julius Medler canceled his Charter service in September but claims the company still owes him money. “The first thing they told me was it takes six to eight weeks to process any refunds that are due back to customers and then told me when I called back in a month, oh well I'm sorry they didn't turn off the telephone at the pole yet, that's not my problem.” Julius continued to wait for that refund for five months. We again called Charter to see what the hold up was. They discovered that his account was in a pending status, so they canceled it and are handwriting Medler a check.

Both Medler and Watts sent consumer complaint forms to the Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau. Charter has an unsatisfactory record with the Better Business Bureau due to unresolved complaints. Most complaints deal with customer service and billing or collection issues. Charter has had 878 complaints over the past three years; 670 of those complaints have been resolved, with 50 unresolved and 158 administratively closed. In a statement, Charter told us it takes these complaints very seriously and appreciates the Better Business Bureau’s efforts in assisting to find a resolution. Charter also says it has renewed focus on improving the customer service experience and is working diligently to significantly reduce the number of complaints.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)