Customizing the 922 UI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi All,
Has any company etc ever tried customizing the 922 firmware to improve menus etc?

If not, is there any chance Motorola would license the software to someone -- since they are kinda distancing themselves from the technology anyway?

Things I'd like to see:
-Mapped generics in my IPG for quick selection etc.
-Auto-skew that actually does something
-Broader sweep in the "optimize satellite" so I can find birds that drift etc. without having to manually slew the dish.

Wouldn't it be nice...

JerryK said:
Hi All,
Has any company etc ever tried customizing the 922 firmware to improve menus etc?

If not, is there any chance Motorola would license the software to someone -- since they are kinda distancing themselves from the technology anyway?

Things I'd like to see:
-Mapped generics in my IPG for quick selection etc.
-Auto-skew that actually does something
-Broader sweep in the "optimize satellite" so I can find birds that drift etc. without having to manually slew the dish.

Unfortunately for us...Motorola could care less about the 4DTV! Apparently the patent that made them make the guide inaccurate, is expired, and they will not even fix that!!! Interface is about the same as the 920 from the late 80's!!!:mad:

I presume you are aware they can do a flash from a Satellite....that's what they used to do before Pizza Pan stuff was around!

BTW: auto position and skew was fine for analog, but not with digital or thosE pesky transponders that carry HBO, Max on G1!.......now I only use them to get close...then bump and nudge (MANUALLY) each slowly using a meter....the PQ meter in the 4dtv is just fine though!

Regards
jeff

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts