Cut over

vvovv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
I have a question when they stop transmitting the analog signal will we see a boost in signal on the digital sided.

I would love to pick up some more locals and better signal

only reason I ask is becuase I live in a area that is between 2 Local markets.

I have a clip on dish antenna If I slide from slide North I get those locals if I slide it South I get those local

It would be great if I got both Locals that would give me 2 markets for football.

It's a mixed bag. Some channels are already b'casting DTV at their intended final frequency/power. Some are at reduced power for a variety of reasons, primarily due to interference issues. Some will make another move to a final channel assignment/power at the conversion point. Check some of the links others provided in these related threads for information about what's still pending. The are good status links from the FCC website as well...

Have you considered putting an antenna mast on top of or next to your dish mount and putting a decent antenna on that? The clip antenna is barely better than rabbit ears, but a basic UHF rig ($40 at your local Radio Shack) could be pointed at one city, and you'd probably get "back side" signal from the other city without figiting. It's ugly, but it's a LOT more effective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts