Cutting off recordings again

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Well my 722K is doing it again. It's stopping recordings before the show is over. 2/3 of the way thru last Tues NCIS it just stopped the record. Yet it says all of the hr is there. No it isn't there was 26 F'n minutes left that can't play. It's getting old E. It will work fine for weeks or months then for no rhyme or reason it just stops. :mad::mad::mad::rant::rant::rant:

It did it to Body of Proof too. This getting really ridiculous. :rant::rant::rant::mad::mad::mad: I would get banned if I really said what I thought about this. E fix this crap.

Last edited:
If the DVR listing shows the full time recorded for the show, but playing it stops in the middle, then the recording got corrupted. I agree, try a reboot, and hope that fixes it. If not, your receiver may be starting to fail. I've had this happen on rare occasions, but a reboot would fix it.

These were the only 2 that had a problem. Both on the same night but one was off Sat & one OTA. So far it hasn't happened again. I've now rebooted but don't think that is the issue. I saw the end of both of the shows. I download them both from my usenet. But PO's me that nothing shows to be wrong with the units and it will just for no apparent reason do this.

I had the same with the Grammys on my 722k the other night. I started the recording live at the end for Paul McCartney, pressed Stop when the show ended and when I went to play it back the last 3 minutes (of about 10) were missing :rant:

Go to the timers listing and check the Start and Stop times and the AV Recording/Stop times. If they do not match, something else was happening or signal was lost. Signal loss is more likely to happen with OTA. To check this do it within a few days.

-Ken

Go to the timers listing and check the Start and Stop times and the AV Recording/Stop times. If they do not match, something else was happening or signal was lost. Signal loss is more likely to happen with OTA. To check this do it within a few days.

-Ken
Not the problem Ken. It is showing the whole recording is there but it stops and says that is the end of the recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)