CV has been very quiet while the Satellite Companies keep adding HD Channels

any word on what "new" hd channels they added, bc I just went on both dish sites, and no announcements and no new additions?

well dish has been adding alot,
from EchoStar Communications Corporation - DISH Network Expands Nation's Largest HD Package
Also on Aug. 15, DISH Network will add seven national HD channels to its DishHD programming package, including MHD, featuring music programming from MTV, VH1 and CMT; Golf/Versus HD; Animal Planet HD; The Science Channel HD; TLC HD; Discovery HD, and History HD, which will debut on Sept. 1. With these additions -- plus more planned for mid-September -- DishHD subscribers will continue to have access to the largest national HD lineup in the United States.

also history hd
EchoStar Communications Corporation - DISH Network Launches the History Channel HD

big 10 network hd
EchoStar Communications Corporation - DISH Network, the Leader in College Sports, Adds Big Ten Network

I am surprised cableguy your in bethpage I thought you would be up on all this

TLC-HD, ScienceHD, AnimalPlanetHD, and DiscoveryHD are all very good (from an E* sub who's watched a lot of them since the launch).

LER

Adding the VoOM channels may have bought them some time in their eyes.

This was my biggest fear about getting Voom... That CV would then use is as leverage to sit on their haunches, and say "we've given you ~15 HD channels, we've done enough for awhile".

(Even though 1/15 of those channels is worth watching.)

I just hope that I won't be the only outraged subscriber when the MLB playoffs aren't available in HD when they begin airing on TBSHD at the end of the month, and that CV subscribers have to watch college football in SD on ESPN2.

Oh, and that we don't even have the option of getting NFL network.

(But, we have random CFL games in HD... great.)

Your right i like the Voom Channel's alot but i think CV is using that so they don't add any more for awhile, and they are going to be alot of new HD channels coming out very like TBS CNN, hope they add them

Last edited:
I just purchased a new HDTV and am hopeful that cablevision will start to add more hd channels of substance. I am very disappointed in Voom. There is nothing good on those channels at all.

I hope once the sat companies add all the new hd channels, like tbs, that cablevision will follow suit.

I mean no National League playoff games in HD?? UGH this was one reason that I purchased a HDTV.

I think they should start adding some more HD channnel's , it's i think already 2 month's since they added the Voom Networks, now that channel's's like TBS an CNN are going HD, and many more that are on the way, the tv adds for CV keeps pushing how great there HD lineup is, and they will be adding more all the time, but i just don't see it

According to Neil Best of Newsday CV does not currently have plans to add TBS-HD in time for the playoffs.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-spwatch215384215sep21,0,4059877.column?page=2
Just wondering: HD or not HD for MLB playoffs?

Sports fans with high definition TVs often say once you have it, you can't live without it.

They also are aggressive about e-mailing me, and have been worrying for weeks about whether their TV providers will carry TBS in HD in time for the baseball playoffs. (Turner has every division series plus the NLCS for the first time.)

It is an especially sensitive topic for Yankees fans, because YES shows every game in HD, so they are spoiled, in a good way. (SNY only has it for home games.)

Well, as of now TBS's new HD channel is expected to be on DirecTV and Time Warner in time.

Cablevision, Verizon FiOS and Dish do not currently have plans to add it by early October. If anything changes, I'll let you know.

What a surprise, I mean isn't everyone happy with the VOOM hd channels, why would anyone want watchable programs on hd.

Cablevision, Verizon FiOS and Dish do not currently have plans to add it by early October.

Shocker.

Well, hopefully this pisses off many other people as much as it pisses me off, and the deluge of calls will maybe make them act. (Not likely.)

This is bad news for all baseball fans... First we get no HD baseball from INHD (now Mojo) and now no playoff HD games until WS and the ones on ESPN. This is just nonsense. You would think that these providers could have resolved this a long time ago since the TBS deal was announced last year before the playoffs. G, why wait so long...

Well then Fox and TNT at least... TBS HD boooooooooooooooooo

P.S. The Wideworld Leader in Sports (ESPN) does not have any playoff baseball games ??????????????

Perhaps Cablevision is waiting until the very last moment to see if the Mets (with their colossal collapse) will even make the playoffs. If they don't make the post-season (and I'll be very upset if they don't), they won't feel as much pressure to add TBSHD. On the other hand, once DirecTV adds MSGHD, which I keep reading they will, I will leave Cablevision.

The Yankees are in the playoffs and you would think they will the NY Pressure to add TBS HD for the playoffs. MSGHD on DirecTv---> I will have to see with my own eyes to believe it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)