CW-HD

We get CW HD here in Indianapolis (WTTV 4). I was surprised when they lit it up, but I figured it was to make up for Dish not offering our local NBC in HD. Is Indianapolis still CONUS? I know it was when they first lit up the HD locals, but I haven't checked lately.

From what I have seen traveling around, not many of the local Mytv or CW stations are coming thru in HD. Even tho many are saying they are and thats the OTA stuff. So if their not broadcasting HD, there's no way for it to make it to the cable and satelite companies.

I get it in HD. Most of the telecasts are really bad. CW HD in my area runs alot of 4x3 SD movies with annoying blue bars on both sides and mono soundtracks. The picture looks like down-ressed SD on an HDTV. That is, it looks worse than SD.

I get it in HD. Most of the telecasts are really bad. CW HD in my area runs alot of 4x3 SD movies with annoying blue bars on both sides and mono soundtracks. The picture looks like down-ressed SD on an HDTV. That is, it looks worse than SD.

That's your local affiliate. Here in Austin, the CW has the best looking PQ of the OTA's. 1080i w/ no subchannels and two channel audio. :rolleyes:

The Fox affiliate has full 720p with no subchannels plus broadcasts the full 448Kbps DD, so it has the best sound of our local channels.

I didn't know that MyTV had any HD programs.

When MyTV was announced, it was claimed to be an all-HD network. The fine print was that the network programming consisted of two hours per day of Mexican soap operas re-made in America, or some such thing. I don't know if any of that survived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)