CW network Puerto Rico

DUGGAN00969

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 23, 2006
Puerto Rico
It appears that Puerto Rico is going to be without The CW Network on Dish for the foreseeable future. Too bad with the new season starting soon. There is a new provider for CW for Puerto Rico and it looks like retransmission rights may be the problem and not only with Dish

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

All of these nights wondering when the new season's shows were going to start, watching the guide showing Fraser all the time!!! Being optimist, hopefully two things will happen: they solve retransmission problems soon, and we at last get CW in HD! This is absurd...

Hope it works out. You may have to use their APP for Android or Apple. You can watch episodes that way, not live though I believe.

I didn't mention it because I thought I read not in Puerto Rico. If he doesn't have a Roku now I would check before buying one.

I don't understand why WSEE has the rights for PR and now CW they are not even in the island they don't ever have Low Power tv stations like storefront has.
Storefront first lost WVXF as CBS then WVGN NBC to Telemundo PR WPRU ABC to WORA and now WSJP CW to WSEE what else could it be FOX soon?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using the SatelliteGuys app!

WSEE is advertising CW for Erie, Pa not PR. The owners of the station have CBS, NBC and CW in that area of PA. The CW signal is on claro TV. I have spoken to them. Liberty and Dish don't want to pay. Yes you can find CW programming from sources like RoKu. You can also "borrow" someone's login info from the states and watch replays on demand from CW site. Some people, like me....still have superstations from dish that have two CW feeds, but it's standard 4:3 definition.
The Frazier ads are the local people who used to show old shows and CW prime time, but not anymore

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

1475424522428.jpg

Here is the picture Thank God I did not erase Blue Bloods its says CW Puerto Rico

WSEE is advertising CW for Erie, Pa not PR. The owners of the station have CBS, NBC and CW in that area of PA. The CW signal is on claro TV. I have spoken to them. Liberty and Dish don't want to pay. Yes you can find CW programming from sources like RoKu. You can also "borrow" someone's login info from the states and watch replays on demand from CW site. Some people, like me....still have superstations from dish that have two CW feeds, but it's standard 4:3 definition.
The Frazier ads are the local people who used to show old shows and CW prime time, but not anymore

I inserted the picture of the commercial on friday and it clearly mention CW for PR
BR
Nelson

Lilly Broadcasting, L.L.C. is a privately owned American broadcasting company owned and operated by the Lilly Brothers’ Brian Lilly and Kevin Lilly. The company was founded in September 1999 with the purchase of WENY-TV (ABC) and WENY-FM & AM radio. In 2002, Kevin Lilly purchased WSEE-TV (CBS) in Erie, Pennsylvania and have since added the CBS affiliate in Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and the CW and ABC in the Virgin Islands.

Brian and Kevin Lilly are the sons of George Lilly, whose SJL Broadcast Management (also previously known as the Montecito Broadcast Group) was founded in 1984 and based in Montecito, California. SJL owns WICU-TV in Erie and the two Companies purchased 3 TV stations from Gateway Communications in 2000, and four stations from Emmis Communications in 2005.

Lilly Broadcasting, L.L.C. is a privately owned American broadcasting company owned and operated by the Lilly Brothers’ Brian Lilly and Kevin Lilly. The company was founded in September 1999 with the purchase of WENY-TV (ABC) and WENY-FM & AM radio. In 2002, Kevin Lilly purchased WSEE-TV (CBS) in Erie, Pennsylvania and have since added the CBS affiliate in Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and the CW and ABC in the Virgin Islands.

Brian and Kevin Lilly are the sons of George Lilly, whose SJL Broadcast Management (also previously known as the Montecito Broadcast Group) was founded in 1984 and based in Montecito, California. SJL owns WICU-TV in Erie and the two Companies purchased 3 TV stations from Gateway Communications in 2000, and four stations from Emmis Communications in 2005.

Yup I go to Erie and my hometown of Philadelphia once a year. My issue is why they get the rights if they are not in the Island.
Fly Eagles Fly.

Yes you can find CW programming from sources like RoKu. You can also "borrow" someone's login info from the states and watch replays on demand from CW site.

CW does not require log in on the Roku, tablets, phones or their website here in the states, just tried it on my laptop, no problem.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: neljtorres

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)