CW11 (WPIX) and MY9 (WWOR) in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matty8199

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
In looking at the HD locals list I found over at DBS Talk, I noticed that some other markets have CW and MY Network TV stations in HD already (MPEG4), while the #1 DMA (NYC) does not have either. I'm guessing this is because they have recently turned on SNY HD and YES HD full time - but does anyone have an update on when they might turn on CW11 and MY9 in HD? I'd love to be able to watch the Mets in HD when they're on CW11 in addition to when they're on SNY...

Me too. I've sent e-mail to WPIX twice asking about when its HD feed might be available, but I never received a reply.

Ongoing contractual talks are another likely cause, especially when affiliates are owned by larger parent companies. It is also past history that neither side will make forward looking statements until deals are in the bag. Most companies operate this way.

Hopefully it's soon, since both MY9-HD now carries the Yankees' games in HD, and CW11-HD does Mets' games in HD. Otherwise OTA or Cable will be the only way to get those channels.

I know this thread is really old, but I just upgraded to HD and seen that the CW is not in HD. I'm a big Mets fan and was looking forward to watching my team every weekend playing in HD. I wrote a letter to them last week and haven't gotten a response yet, I doubt I ever will get one.

Has anyone heard anything lately if they're going to be going HD soon?

So is it that your CW doesn't have HD or are you saying they do , but just DirecTV doesn't retransmit it? If the latter is the case; then writing to the local affiliate and it parent are best bets.

I'm saying they don't. All the other local channels are in HD, except CW and MY 9. I do have Direct TV and maybe they don't broadcast it, but I doubt that's possible 'cause I never hear of the news or any other shows saying in HD.

In looking at the HD locals list I found over at DBS Talk, I noticed that some other markets have CW and MY Network TV stations in HD already (MPEG4), while the #1 DMA (NYC) does not have either. I'm guessing this is because they have recently turned on SNY HD and YES HD full time - but does anyone have an update on when they might turn on CW11 and MY9 in HD? I'd love to be able to watch the Mets in HD when they're on CW11 in addition to when they're on SNY...

Gee guys,
Alot of us don't even have the LOCALS in SD let alone HD and your asking for 2 other smaller channels in HD .......

Jimbo

1) I was hoping that these might come off the the Spaceways once the RSN's went to D10. No such luck.

2) Because of 1, I'm guessing this is contractural. Could be a D11 holdup, but I doubt it.

There's a retrans agreement. WPIX is owned by Tribune and WWOR is owned by Fox. Guess they just haven't gotten around to adding them, yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)