Czech Republic channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sileny Jizda

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
Hell's Outhouse, Ohio
After seeing the news about Dish and their attempt to kill FTA it got me thinking about it again. My wife is from the Czech Republic and one of things she misses is Czech television. Is it even possible to pick up Czech channels FTA and what direction should I be looking at equipment wise?

No business has found a large enough market to uplink and redistribute
television from the Czech Republic to North America. Without backing from
the Czech government or some other benefactor, it's probably not going to happen in the near future. Your best solution would be with a device made by a company that ironically DISH Network just purchased. It's called a Sling Box.
You would need a high speed Internet connection here, a high speed Internet connection somewhere in Europe that has access to Czech signals via satellite or off air, and one component from the Sling Box would need to be sent to your friend's location in Europe to get the signals. From your Internet connection, you could then call up whatever signals are coming in over there for viewing in that lovely community in Ohio. Two high speed Internet connections may be a bit pricey, but it is the only real possibility right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts