D* and BBC: Can one thing lead to another?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
So I'm online searching for any news happening on D* and I see the following article below.
WorldScreen.com - Articles - DIRECTV Latin America Picks Up Hit BBC Worldwide Series
And I'm looking here at Satguys and I see the thread about the rumor of a new HD channel coming on Sept 7th.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/265086-hd-channels.html
So you figure if D* and BBC are making new deals, I think there could be a better chance that D* might add BBC America HD on the 7th. I know it's a long shot, but hey, it's a possibility right?:D

Yeah because those damn 'top tier' subs, they pay EXTRA, so why should they be entitled to get 100% of what they pay EXTRA for, right? I mean, the NERVE of them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey, I'm on Premier and I'd rather see this go around be AMC & BBCA and let the next cycle of adds put some more premium channels up.

Hey, I'm on Premier and I'd rather see this go around be AMC & BBCA and let the next cycle of adds put some more premium channels up.

Same here. There is this ridiculous idea floating around that just because you have all the premium channels, you suddenly don't care about basic HD.

Being I have the premium channels mainly for original programming, the new additions really didn't add much value for me personally. I'd give them all back for a couple of highly anticipated basics...

Same here. There is this ridiculous idea floating around that just because you have all the premium channels, you suddenly don't care about basic HD.

Being I have the premium channels mainly for original programming, the new additions really didn't add much value for me personally. I'd give them all back for a couple of highly anticipated basics...

Not a good job of planning by DirecTV.

I cannot see how anyone can defend DTV like some of you here.

Here is a fact:

When D12 (last satellite-2009) was launched and became operational in mid-2010 DTV immediately raised the subscription fee of everyone (presumably to pay for the new satellite) while majority of subscribers did not even benefit at all other than having a few new HD channels like the msnbc, travel, life, hallmark, and wgn.

About 92% of the new HD space (160) went directly to the specialty and premium packages (as if we needed more PPVs) while common subscribers had to "beg" for over two years to get a decent AMC in HD, never mind getting BBC or any other popular channels that others have already included in their packages.

The fact remains that there are lot of us here that are still locked in a contract and have very little choice other than having to pay a hefty penalty and the hassles of changing providers.

I cannot see how anyone can defend DTV like some of you here.

Here is a fact:

When D12 (last satellite-2009) was launched and became operational in mid-2010 DTV immediately raised the subscription fee of everyone (presumably to pay for the new satellite) while majority of subscribers did not even benefit at all other than having a few new HD channels like the msnbc, travel, life, hallmark, and wgn.

About 92% of the new HD space (160) went directly to the specialty and premium packages (as if we needed more PPVs) while common subscribers had to "beg" for over two years to get a decent AMC in HD, never mind getting BBC or any other popular channels that others have already included in their packages.

The fact remains that there are lot of us here that are still locked in a contract and have very little choice other than having to pay a hefty penalty and the hassles of changing providers.

Your subscription price did NOT go up because of the new SAT......... :rolleyes:

Your sub goes up every year in Feb/March, it's done that every year since DAY ONE.

Your Sub does not go up in the middle of then year, no fees are just added fro whatever reason.

You DO have a choice to leave as well. You can be done with them tomorrow if you want to.

Addl.Premium HD channels JUST now came on board in the last few months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)