D* and VOIP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

taylor2767

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
Is the HR20-100 capable of making successful phone in calls. I've noticed a lot of calls to 800-531-5602 lately that show they were connected in my call logs.But the receiver is making 6-8 calls a day. I had the E* 622HD DVR and had no issues with calls completing.

Last edited:
Yes it is a new receiver and I have used PPV. Once via remote which has not been charged and once online. So either the call is failing after it connects because the call duration usually last betweein 20-50 secs. what would be nice if D* would finally activate the USB ports so I could slap a USB adapter on there.

Sounds to me that the line may be busy when it's trying to call. Only thing I can think of is to wait up and watch the Red "ET Phone Home" light I've seen mentioned and pick up the phone and listen to the lovely communication of 2 computers.

I've actually have picked the phone up during one of the calls and you can hear the sytems talking. I don't think the call is not connecting because the call log shows calls as connected. It appears not to be completely completing the call at some point.

Are there an settings that I can change on the receiver? I've searched but can't find any like on the old D* Tivo models.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts