D.C. Caves to MLB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1779131

I am not complaining about DC getting a team; I think they are a better location right now than any other. I am disgusted that they are going to pay for a new stadium 100% with public money.

Snippets:
Washington is calling baseball's bluff over the relocation of the Montreal Expos.

City officials have prepared a new plan they say offers Major League Baseball exactly what it has requested -- 100 percent public financing for a new ballpark if the Expos are moved to the nation's capital.

"It is by far the best proposal that the city could have come up with," Fred Malek, head of a potential ownership group who has worked closely with the city, said Friday. "It's aggressive. It meets the needs and requests of Major League Baseball. It's got the support of the mayor as well as key members of the city council."

Tje specualtion here is that they are actually calling MLB's bluff. In other word they know that the offer will be rejected and think that when it is refused it will become politically feasible to drop it.

I personllly think that the Orioles will not let a team in. If we were going to get a team it would have occured ages ago.

If I ever had local channels around here I'd be excited to see more baseball come near.. hint hint Dish.

Then again, I could shell out more moolah for MLBEI.. Maybe by the time the expos move in, locals will be here.

Delaware, Eastern Shore Maryland... I'm about 10 miles away from the Philly locals and 25 miles away from the Baltimore... Salisbury DMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)