D* H20 HDMI Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sreedy1971

Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
I recently purchased an H20 receiver. I have it hooked up by an HDMI cable to my Samsung slimfit 30" tv. My problem is that I can only view the HD channels or my digital OTA channels via HDMI. When I try to watch any other channel on D* is on I receive a blank screen no audio or video. My question is has anyone else experienced this problem and if so what do I need to do to fix the problem? I hate having to keep switching to component input to watch the other channels and HDMI is by far a better picture on my tv. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I'm using some $6 cable I bought off eBay. I've been dealing with digital electronics for years and it pretty much works or doesn't. I saw no need in paying $70+ for a "name brand" cable for a pure digital signal.

I noticed you said that you have to switch between both Component and HDMI. Just a hunch, but if you are plugged in to both Component Video and HDMI at the same time for your tv reception, that may be the problem. I have the Samsung SIRTS 160 and I cannot plug both in, the unit will not work properly.

I'll concur with gchasse - mine doesn't work with both sets of cables either. I'm using strictly a HDMI that came with my TV.

turnerd said:
I'll concur with gchasse - mine doesn't work with both sets of cables either. I'm using strictly a HDMI that came with my TV.

If you have an H20, it does have simultaneous output from component and HDMI.

Chip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)