reddialo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
well I finally got my account up and running
via my florida address
the locals are of course missing when I HOOKED UP HERE IN TORONTO
BUT ALSO HAVE NO networks. at all
everything else is fine except for the odd channel giving me a 721 needs to be paid for message.

HBO the sports package and setanta sports are fine.
have asked for a rv waiver so that I can get networks E and W running.

will be happy then except my bill will be 83 bucks after 3 months of discounts ends.

any hints to get networks up and running
PLEASE!!
thxs and cheers red d

Florida area locals are on their respective spot beams (DMA dependant) and you need to be "covered by a beam" for the dish to "see" the signals from the satellite. If you have the DirecTV HD receiver, aim your OTA antenna toward Detroit (or closest USA DMA) to pull in their locals.

charper1 said:
Florida area locals are on their respective spot beams (DMA dependant) and you need to be "covered by a beam" for the dish to "see" the signals from the satellite. If you have the DirecTV HD receiver, aim your OTA antenna toward Detroit (or closest USA DMA) to pull in their locals.

charper, that wont work, hes on the florida spot beam. and id think the buffalo dma would be the closest ota area.

one question, why are we helping a sub get service in CANADA?? isnt that illegal by us and canadian law?

We went through this a long while back, it seems he is an ex-patriot or some sort with a legal US residential address and banking account that is in Canada (or something close to that). He will NEVER get Florida retransmitted locals via DirecTV as I stated first, but he should be able to get some OTA locals if he is close enough and has the proper antenna setup. If all he is interested in is FL, then he is out of luck as I know was stated here and in the thread a while back.

P.S. I also know he was advised that DirecTV services are illegal in Canada and if he was a legal US resident (or whatever) that he should call DirecTV to explain his special circumstance to get their assistance. Now if that sas happened, and he has a legit DirecTV account, he has not yet stated, or either I do not remember if he has.

Last edited:
ok
blah blah about legality.

FACT service is ordered and paid for by USA citizen
, who happens to be my wife.

She is a paramedic/ travelling CARDIAC RN

as soon as possible I WILL BE JOINING HER and we will
WORK in many different locations in America.

really looking forward to meeting people in your beautiful country of many contrasts
I hope that most are more patient and tolerant than the "legal eagles"
who sit in their ivory towers of judgement.

So I have contacted "d" and they are sending me the waiver
re RV using direct service.

there are 1000,s of legal and illegal sat users in canada.

I mean lets think and talk sensibly , niagra falls ny and niagra fall ontario
are a river apart , its only bureaucrats in canada stop us
getting whats on "d" and now I have it and enjoying it too.

If you read canuck forum , its east to see that BELL ESVU
are very difficult to deal with compared to *choice.

I fully intend to have * choice when I move this autumn.

so thanks to all the thoughtfull and intelligent replies.

as for the Legal eagles

"people who live in glass houses-----------------------"

cheers red d

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)