D* just called me telling me my signal was low

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mark40511

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Lexington KY
Today I get a call from D* tech support saying that they show low signals in my living room. I've had no problems whatsoever but I go to check signal strength and I am showing mostly 90s on both tuners. I hardly ever see pixellation even when it rains. I do hear the audio blurrrrpps every now and then. However when I go to system test it says tuner 1 is at 86% and tuner 2 is at 92%, yet looking at the satellite signal strengths they are almost identical on both tuners. I wonder why the discrepancy on system test vs actual readings? At any rate , I declined the service call because I am having no issues.

sounds kinda fishy to me i have never heard of direct calling a customer to inform them of having low ss

Did they give you a telephone number, or do you have caller id? If so, post the number here so we can check it out.

Not fishy at all, they have been doing this for awhile now.

You box reports back issues to them and alerts them of possible issues.

I don't have a phone line hooked up but I do have broadband hooked to the receivers. I do have caller ID and an 800 # showed up, which is 800 531 5000. I do not have the protection plan, yet she still offered a free service call, however it was only if I scheduled a service call right here right now that there would be no charge. I declined because I have had no issues for the LONGEST time now ever since I rebooted the SWM then powered both receivers up one at a time. I don't know what they're seeing on their end, but everything is working fine here on this end.

Well since you have a DVR it is their stupid software. Does it all the time when we check signals on install. Look at it one time signals will be in the 90's, check it again and they will be in the 60's. There is a problem with the software and they know it, but won't admit it.

I don't have a phone line hooked up but I do have broadband hooked to the receivers. I do have caller ID and an 800 # showed up, which is 800 531 5000. I do not have the protection plan, yet she still offered a free service call, however it was only if I scheduled a service call right here right now that there would be no charge. I declined because I have had no issues for the LONGEST time now ever since I rebooted the SWM then powered both receivers up one at a time. I don't know what they're seeing on their end, but everything is working fine here on this end.

That is a Directv number.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts