D* New Subscriber offer questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
So I'm installed and running happily with my two HR20s, an H20, and my AT9.

Today I received 10 coupons for free PPV movies. WIth my bill I received 1 coupon, so 11 total. They expire 12/31/06.

I'm exited to have 11 free movies, don't even know if I can watch 11 PPVs by 12/31. My question is does D* do this kind of thing often? Do they occasionally throw coupons in the bill? Or was it just for the first bill?

Also, I received a form to mail in for a free Ipod, but it says it has to be mailed with the first bill by 9/30. Well, my first bill came 10/2, my rebate offer form came 10/4. How on earth can I postmark that by 9/30? :rolleyes:
Anyone know if I mail it anyway will they honor it? Any experiences?

They also offered $150 cash back ($10 off monthly for 15 months). This offer was NOT on my first bill. Is it something that shows up later or do I need to call on that one?

I sent a couple emails concerning the questions to D*. I was just curious if anyone had personal experience with these topics.

www.directvcashback.com for the $150 cash back offer. It will show if you are qualified after putting in your zip code and you meet the dates which I believe that you do. I will be sending my $150 cash back redemption form tomorrow. Also, for the free iPod you have to send them $19.95 for shipping. IMO that's about how much the thing is worth, plus I already have two of them. You can also get a free DirecTV Die-Cast No7 Nascar Car, free shipping. That one is at www.directvracing.com.

Well, got a positive response from D* email support. There is a $150 rebate for people that is NOT part of the specific zip code rebate. This one is a national offer for anyone who signed up via 800-DIRECTV or directv.com.

BTW, I'm not in the zip codes needed for the other $150 offer. I wonder if someone could get both? Probally not, they go to the same place, PO box numbers off by 1 digit.

http://getdirectv.com/pdf/National-RedemptionFormv14.pdf

The form I sent for the free Ipod did not mention anything about shipping expense. It just said mail this form and first bill for a free Ipod. Did they turn around and make you pay shipping somehow before sending it? Or did the promotion change, when did you signup?

The nascar thing is kinda neat. I'm not into nascar, but have a father-in-law that is, maybe he would want it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)