Slight Pixelation Help Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

str8poolbanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Johnstown, PA
So I have a customer who is getting EXCELLENT signal strength from the AT9 that I installed for him. Long story short 4 lines to 4 DUAL power passing splitters intow 2 6x8 switches. All Runs are within 100'. This is the email that I got from him.

1st: Hi Dave, when we are watching tv in the family room (the large room), the picture freezes briefly every several minutes.........please advise...........we had no occurences of this before the satellite change..........

2nd: In family room (large room) channel 7 (local abc) SD station......no problem on HD channels.......also can you check with Directv....problem with pixellation on plasma in computer room when there is fast motion.....also....sorry about Greenbay.....what happened?

3rd: Dave, further update......same problem on channel 360 (fox) which is SD, and channel 88 which is local fox HD..... again, what happens is every several minutes there is a very brief "freeze" of the picture and sound......not always regular, sometimes a number of minutes go by..........the "freeze" is very brief, perhaps a second or so.......

4th: Dave, after watching for several hours last night....the problem did not reoccur on the HD channels, but it did keep happening on the SD.....local channel "7" (abc) and 360, fox news........

Im completley lost as I aligned the dish and peaked it and also dithered it and checked all signals. Advice please.

TIA

STR8

For starters check your signal strengh in Menu. The fact that Fox 360 and Fox HD 88 are bad only tells me you like Fox and thats the only channels you watch. Doesnt mean all other channels are Ok.

tech007 said:
For starters check your signal strengh in Menu. The fact that Fox 360 and Fox HD 88 are bad only tells me you like Fox and thats the only channels you watch. Doesnt mean all other channels are Ok.

I stated...lol....So I have a customer who is getting EXCELLENT signal strength from the AT9 that I installed for him. Long story short 4 lines to 4 DUAL power passing splitters intow 2 6x8 switches. All Runs are within 100'. This is the email that I got from him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)