D* or E*, who will have most national HD on 12/31/07, read text before voting please

Which DBS provider will have the most national HD channels by 12/31/07?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can think of at least a half dozen things Charlie has mentioned that would be done way before now that haven't been done.

Where are all those LILS we heard about over a year ago?

I say DirecTV has 30 more HD national channels than DISH on 12/31/07. This number INCLUDES Conus RSN as well as the HBOS, Showtimes, etc. that are in those packages.

Please, we've heard all the comments before on this subject from all sides. Let's just keep it to the poll if we can. Thanks.

I can't see how anybody can seriously vote Dish. Their 15 channel Voom package advantage will easily be exceeded by all of the premium movie multiplex channels DirecTV will be carrying. I expect Dish to eventually carry most of the major cable network HD channels (USA, FX, TBS, Sci-Fi, etc), but I have a feeling that DirecTV will get those on the air at launch while Dish customers will be stuck waiting for Charlie's infamous negotiation tactics to play out.

Please, we've heard all the comments before on this subject from all sides. Let's just keep it to the poll if we can. Thanks.

I can't see how anybody can seriously vote Dish. Their 15 channel Voom package advantage will easily be exceeded by all of the premium movie multiplex channels DirecTV will be carrying. I expect Dish to eventually carry most of the major cable network HD channels (USA, FX, TBS, Sci-Fi, etc), but I have a feeling that DirecTV will get those on the air at launch while Dish customers will be stuck waiting for Charlie's infamous negotiation tactics to play out.

Did you miss rad's request?

I can think of at least a half dozen things Charlie has mentioned that would be done way before now that haven't been done.

I say DirecTV has 30 more HD national channels than DISH on 12/31/07. This number INCLUDES Conus RSN as well as the HBOS, Showtimes, etc. that are in those packages.
I am in The Norfolk DMA rank 42 and D* still hasnt provided HDLIL here. :rolleyes:

No, but we dont need this to be ANOTHER argument thread. Its his thread, respect his request. He could easily have it closed and the poll wont be allowed to go on. You shouldnt only respect a request because someone is a mod.

No, but we dont need this to be ANOTHER argument thread. Its his thread, respect his request. He could easily have it closed and the poll wont be allowed to go on. You shouldnt only respect a request because someone is a mod.

This thread is a POLL - people vote and the results show as tabulated. Voters also have the choice to post comments - just like any other thread. As long as the conversation is on-topic, civil (thats the tough one), comments are EXPECTED actually.

This thread is a POLL - people vote and the results show as tabulated. Voters also have the choice to post comments - just like any other thread. As long as the conversation is on-topic, civil (thats the tough one), comments are EXPECTED actually.
That's a good point to take up among the moderators: how can we start a pure poll, with no comments allowed?

Last post because I dont want to hijack the thread with more disagreements, Im just saying respect the guys request. Youd expect the same in your own thread and poll wouldnt you?

Heres the very first post.

There's been much debate on one side and the other on this subject, with lots of verbage being written. How about just a nice short and sweet poll, no need to post anything why you voted that way since it's probably been said over and over and over before.

I agree with that ! Lets keep the thread simple. There's 100's of other threads for opinions on D* and E* and all the other BS about what they did or did not do! Lets not turn this into another one of those threads,We have enough of them!

The solution in this thread is just as simple as it is in EVERY thread. Don't read it. It is more than simple to view the poll results WITHOUT going through all of the following posts.

I mean, there must be a couple of hundred threads in the DirecTV forum that I don't enter because I have no interest in them. Just do the same.

Need I say more ? You could take your own advise and do the same.

Need I say more ? You could take your own advise and do the same.

But - I (and you) obviously have interest in the posts in this thread or we wouldn't be reading them. I already take my advice and don't go into threads where I have NO interest - I don't go into them and make complaints about the posts in them.

What is up with not considering the subscription sports channels in HD? That's really important. Isn't anyone here a sports fan? Movies and TV shows in HD are nice and all, but experiencing concerts and especially sports in HD is like 10x better than in SD.

Whether they have sports channels in HD is a big deal, to me, at least.

What is up with not considering the subscription sports channels in HD? That's really important. Isn't anyone here a sports fan? Movies and TV shows in HD are nice and all, but experiencing concerts and especially sports in HD is like 10x better than in SD.

Whether they have sports channels in HD is a big deal, to me, at least.

Because you needed to pay over and above the normal monthly subscription charge in order to get the channel and they're not 24x7x365.

I'l give an example of why I don't count sports packs. Take NFL pack. At $350 for it to be in HD. 8 hours per week for 17 weeks is 136 hours"thats a kind 8 hours too" It cost $2.57 per hour for 136 hours of programming in HD.So I guess they would have to charge You $22,513.20 if football was on for 24 hours a day 365 days a year. THANK GOD ITS NOT ! Now if you get the Starz pack with 4 HD channels plus SD channels for $144 per year. Now 24 hour a day 365 days a year is 8760 Hours a year the this these channels are available.8760 devided by $144 is 0.016 cents per hour. $350 FOR 136 HOURs OF HD!!!! OR $144 for 8760 HOURS OF HD. You have to really love football ,since the average person is televised 5 games every sunday for free.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts