Status
Please reply by conversation.

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I had an H20-600 go bad (heat) and D* replaced it with an H20-100. When I swapped out the unit, It gave me a FAIL on 110 and 119, even though I had signal strength of all over 80's in the signal tests. Thinking that it was just a dish adjustment, I went ahead, activated the unit, and it appeared fine.

However, it now loses signal while I'm watching it. It goes to the "Searching for satellite signal (771) error message after the picture goes away, then to the screen saver. If I reboot the unit, it comes back with the program I was watching! (?)

So, I am not sure what the deal is. I have a triple oval dish that was set up and worked perfectly with the H20-600. I never had to touch it or tweak it. In fact, I actually rehooked it up momentarily just to be sure that I DID have satellite signal after first hooking up the H20-100 and having the signal test fail.

One thing I am not sure of is if I have a 4x4 switch or a 6x8 switch.

If I do the signal test with 4x4 switch selected, I get all 36 transponders (all over 80, with a few at 100) on 101, I get the 3 at 110 (all over 80), but I get none on the 119. If I select 6x8 as my switch, I get the same results for 101 and 110, but I then get the 11 at 119, again all over 80.

However, in both cases, when it goes to the next page for the overall check, the 110 and the 119 locations FAIL in both instances.

Could this be a receiver problem? As I said, I never had a signal issue with the H20-600.

Before I call, I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks

if you have a triple sat dish, or a ka/ku dish, select a 6*8 multiswitch as default

but if you have more than 4 outputs than select a 6*8

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts