D-VHS Compatible Satellite Receiver

RockettMan

Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
San Diego
I just acquired an interesting piece of gear from an estate sale. It is a JVC model HMDH5 Digital VHS video recorder. Everyone at the sale just thought it was an old VCR and I got it for only $12.00!
Now I have figured out that the only input it will accept to record in HD is through a connection labeled "ilink" which looks like like fire-wire or ieee1394.
Can someone in the know help me out with info on the best possible HD satellite receiver model with the proper output to feed this thing an HD signal so I can start making some recordings?
Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

Correct on 169 Time. Richard Adams, owner was able to build a mod board for a number of Sat receivers but the chip sets he used were strictly decoders for the MPEG2 signal. I had a DTC100 with the mod and an old Dish Network receiver with the mod. I worked with Richard back in those early days and did the mods myself. I have long since tossed those receivers in the trash. I still have the DVHS VCRs, Panasonic, JVC and Motorola here. I also have about 500 DVHS recordings of movies. The JVC is the only DVHS VCR with a built in decoder and component plus Fiber optic DD5.1 outputs ever made. Therefore I still have it connected to my HT rack.