D* vs. FIOS HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
if your going to do a comparison do it with Dish. D* blows when it comes to HD Movie channels and is lacking is nations compared to Dish now. Sure they have RNS and $300.00 sports packages ok.

if your going to do a comparison do it with Dish. D* blows when it comes to HD Movie channels and is lacking is nations compared to Dish now. Sure they have RNS and $300.00 sports packages ok.
That may be, but if you're going to compare HD then you really need to point out the lackluster picture quality of Dish Network's TurboHD-Lite (formerly DishHD-Lite). By my count, E* does not offer a single HD channel in their lineup.

One small problem, D* is available most places, fios is available some places.
Same thing can be said about Comcast, Time-Warner, etc. Of course, D* is not a viable option for tens of millions of renters not having exclusing use of their building exterior, folks having massive trees (that they actually enjoy and don't wish to be cut down) shading their southern view, or simply do not want a dish mounted on their property.

Anyway, based on the original post I am going to assume most people evaluating D* versus FiOS HD have both of these options available to them. To be honest, other than Sunday Ticket...FiOS TV (with TivoHD DVR) wins hands down...better quality, better reliability, better value. Of course, Sunday Ticket is a "must have" for many!

How do you get a $300 sport package? If it is a MLBEI, NBALP or NHLCI those are all under $200. The Sports pack is $12.99 Per Mo. Comparing these two is pointless to me because I will never be able to get FIOS.

Also D* has Foxnews HD and the XLS so N.

Same thing can be said about Comcast, Time-Warner, etc. Of course, D* is not a viable option for tens of millions of renters not having exclusing use of their building exterior, folks having massive trees (that they actually enjoy and don't wish to be cut down) shading their southern view, or simply do not want a dish mounted on their property.

Anyway, based on the original post I am going to assume most people evaluating D* versus FiOS HD have both of these options available to them. To be honest, other than Sunday Ticket...FiOS TV (with TivoHD DVR) wins hands down...better quality, better reliability, better value. Of course, Sunday Ticket is a "must have" for many!

IF, I had the option, I'd have U-Verse .... of course there's the issue of NEEDING the ST each year...

How do you get a $300 sport package? If it is a MLBEI, NBALP or NHLCI those are all under $200. The Sports pack is $12.99 Per Mo. Comparing these two is pointless to me because I will never be able to get FIOS.

Also D* has Foxnews HD and the XLS so N.

I'd imagine they are referring to the NFL package when they grouped ALL sports packages into one price point. :rolleyes:

don't forget DTV offers tons of regional sports channels in HD but for the most part they don't mean dick unless you are into college and high-school sports since all major league games are blacked out without subscribing to the major league packages.

Not true for all people.

Here is a quote from someone at dbstalk:

"In order to see the Cardinals, Twins, Brewers, and Royals, I have to subscribe to Sports Pack. Sports Pack is the ONLY way for me to get these teams."

So for that person those sportspack games are not blacked out.

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

War Zone material?
this is the one you want :D

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

IF, I had the option, I'd have U-Verse .... of course there's the issue of NEEDING the ST each year...

Did you read goaliebob99's review of U-verse over in the pub area? He brings up a couple of issues with the service that would keep me from switching to it, despite it's better programming lineup.

Also I won't switch to E* due to the limit they put on the number of boxes you can lease. Also, I don't like how they share the hard drive and tuners between two TVs. D*'s upcoming MRV solution is a better way of doing it in my opinion.

But FiOS is the one provider I would switch to in place of D* if it was available in my area. But AFAIK, it won't be coming to my area. U-verse will instead.

That may be, but if you're going to compare HD then you really need to point out the lackluster picture quality of Dish Network's TurboHD-Lite (formerly DishHD-Lite). By my count, E* does not offer a single HD channel in their lineup.

Ding ding ding. :)

I've installed homes with 20 + hd-dvr all done MRV one culd record 40 shows at the same time and have acsess to them from any room.

What's the limit on fios?

I know uvers is maxed at 2 hd at once curently or 4 sd and your internet goes into the crapper.

Not true for all people.

Here is a quote from someone at dbstalk:

"In order to see the Cardinals, Twins, Brewers, and Royals, I have to subscribe to Sports Pack. Sports Pack is the ONLY way for me to get these teams."

So for that person those sportspack games are not blacked out.
Only locals are not blacked out. I suspect this person happens to live in southeast Iowa or something which is central to all these locations.

I've installed homes with 20 + hd-dvr all done MRV one culd record 40 shows at the same time and have acsess to them from any room.

What's the limit on fios?

I know uvers is maxed at 2 hd at once curently or 4 sd and your internet goes into the crapper.

More than Peevurse. If you wanted to pay Verizon would install that many. It would require multiple ONT's . Some guy on BBR had almost that many installed.

Big fan of FIOS! Seen both and worked with both, both have their advantages and downfalls, but i would say i personally would go with FIOS, don't know how deep i should go with reason since this is a satellite forum :).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)