D* Won't Give Me Fox HD for the games

Status
Please reply by conversation.

EscapeRocks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
I got channel 88 the first night of the LCS's, and not since.

I have now talked to 6 different CSR's and three "supervisors."

They are all now reading me the same script. One even went so far to tell me it was a script.

It goes something like this:

You must be a subscriber to local channels.

You must be an HD pack subscriber.

You must be in a location where the local Fox station is owned and operated by Fox.

You must have the proper equipment.

I can honestly answer YES to all those q's. (i get CBS and NBC HD)

NOw the kicker..

verbatim from 4 of the CSR's (i got a paraphrased version from the others.) "it still may be hit or miss if the channel is turned on for you."

ARggghhhh....

They won't even try.

I'm beginning to agree with a local tech. consumer reporter who says that D*'s customer service is approaching the low levels of cable service.

:mad:

EscapeRocks said:
I got channel 88 the first night of the LCS's, and not since. You must be in a location where the local Fox station is owned and operated by Fox.(i get CBS and NBC HD)

There were A LOT of problems on night #1!

Do you get ABC & FOX? If you don't get FOX you are not supposed to get 88 & 89.

I can't see a CSR saying it really hit or miss.

I can't see a CSR saying it really hit or miss.

I promise, they really said it.

It was my understanding that just as with CBS and NBC HD, I would get the FOX HD baseball games if I lived in an O&O area? (and had all the HD stuff...)

Or am I wrong on this?

Have you gone to http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressEntry.asp and put in your address. If another Fox station shows up as grade a or b signal, and they're not a Fox O&O you won't get Fox-HD unless you get a waiver from that station. Doesn' matter if your locak Fox is an O&O, if another other Fox shows you and they're not O&O not channel 88/89 without the waiver.

This is correct rad. I also have the same problem as a "grade B" signal is available. It really is not but on their chart it is. I asked them to please request a waiver from this station. The CSR told me it would be 6 weeks before I would find out the answer.
:(

Ex Direcway said:
I also have the same problem as a "grade B" signal is available. It really is not but on their chart it is.

It really doesn't matter what your actual experience is, this is all based on mathematical formulas that predict if you can receive any signal using analog signals, not digital. If Uncle Sam would update the rules for the digital age probably a lot more folks would qualify without having to go through waiver hell.

i'm in north dallas.

the website shows only the one fox station for me, which is an O&O..AFAIK.

Your local fox is Fox 4. Are you sure you aren't in line to get a grade be from Sherman?

I've popped in my exact address in the site that tells you who claims you, and the only fox station that show up is Fox 4 in Dallas.

The only one I will have issue with when it ever comes online is ABC, which is a BELO station. My CBS and NBC are O&O and I get those now (80 and 82).

I would call and ask again. If a CSR isn't helpful ask to speak to a supervisor. You should have the national Fox HD feed since your local is O&O (Something I miss from living in Dallas).

Maybe!

Seriously, I was not being facetious when I said I have called 6 times and talked with supervisors 3 of those times. Maybe the 7th call will do the trick.

So far the CSR's agree with me that I meet the criteria in their script, but they and the 3 supervisors say it's out of their hands?!?!?!?!?!

That's when I got the "hit or miss" comment. Yes, they really did say that to me.

Oh well....

You could also contact the FOX station in Dallas/Ft. Worth and ask them for their help. Since they are O&O they may help you out.

EscapeRocks said:
I got channel 88 the first night of the LCS's, and not since.

I have now talked to 6 different CSR's and three "supervisors."

They are all now reading me the same script. One even went so far to tell me it was a script.

It goes something like this:

You must be a subscriber to local channels.

You must be an HD pack subscriber.

You must be in a location where the local Fox station is owned and operated by Fox.

You must have the proper equipment.

I can honestly answer YES to all those q's. (i get CBS and NBC HD)

NOw the kicker..

verbatim from 4 of the CSR's (i got a paraphrased version from the others.) "it still may be hit or miss if the channel is turned on for you."

ARggghhhh....

They won't even try.

I'm beginning to agree with a local tech. consumer reporter who says that D*'s customer service is approaching the low levels of cable service.

:mad:

Your talking to the wrong people!!! Heres a little secret DAVE hides. When you call ask for the Tech Department, these guys are in charge of "hitting the switch" to your HD viewing! Explain to them that you qualify and they can solve your problem! I did it and was able to see my local team on the NFLST despite my local affiliate showing the game live!!!! :yes

Well, all things considered - I am considered a grade "B" for two stations (one is 140 miles away, and the other 100) and a grade "a" for a station 100 miles away... go figure....

)(*^&^$(^(*)&^()*&(*)&!!!

:mad: :mad:

Just got off the phone, again!!!! They say I need waivers, and I shouldn't even be able to get the CBS and NBC HD's without waivers????!?!?!?!!!!!!!

Does any CSR or CSR Supervisor know what the F$%%%^&^ is going on???

Since you don't have the grade B issue I agree with the other post about going to the tech support department and get out of the normal CSR stream.

You could also try an e-mail if that fails to see if that might work better.

You might also try the customer retention department, threaten to cancel D* since they won't give you the station.

BTW: Is it really worth it at this time since FOX is only on for the MLB payoffs and WS, then we need to wait until after NFL-ST ends (according to the rumors) for full time FOX. If you get it fixed now it might get screwed up again when it really goes online and you have to go through all this again.

YOu first need to check the DIrect TV address broker (the link is around her somewhere).

Make sure there is NO OTHER fox listed.

If not, just keep calling, after 3 days of calling I got a CSR who added the FOX_HD* to my account for the O&O market, with out that you cant get it.

You can verify this on there web site, I can see it right now and I do get the channel

OR

Just wait a while, they will re run there query when Fox goes full times. Beats calling 6 CSRs.

I used to live in the Dallas area and am looking to move back, so I know for a fact that him living in North Dallas the only FOX anywhere is FOX 4. Sherman is about 75 miles away and I think they also use Dallas's FOX station. The next closest one would be Tyler, but that's close to 100 miles away.

Talk to tech support and get them to turn it on. I don't know why the CSRs are being a PITA about this.

It is very odd:

It's almost as if their response is completely scripted.
Both of them told me they've been getting a LOT of calls about this issue the last two days.

I talked to two CSR's tonight. Both told me it was out of their hands.

WHen I got through to another supervisor, I played dumb and simply asked what the criteria was for getting any of the network HD's was. SHe tol dme must have HD package, must be in O&O area and must wait up to 45 days for a waiver.

Un--freakin'--believable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts