D10-200 signal strength tones

Status
Please reply by conversation.

air0jmm

Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
Hello,

New to the forum and have a question about the D10-200. Am I missing something? When I go to the sat. signal strengh screen, I don't hear any tones indicating the strength of the signal. Some of my friends have older receivers with this feature. It is a pain to deal with when you don't have visibility to your TV and are trying to align the satellite. Any suggestions?

Does it show a list of all transponders and their signals on one page? If so there is another button that says signal strength meter from that page that has a tone.

When I look at the signal strength meter page I have never been able to receive a tone. It simply shows the strength of the signal. I have checked ALL volume settings and get nothing.

the d10-200's dont have a tone.

if you want, unplug the receiver, plug it back in. when the message pops up "welcome, your directv receiver is starting up" press the buttons in this order: 0, 2, 4, 6, 8.

this will start a software update that the new d11s have. you will have all new menus and there will be tones with signal...

Ez_1321 said:
the d10-200's dont have a tone.

if you want, unplug the receiver, plug it back in...
You do not have to unplug the D10-200 to reset it. Just open the access card door and press the reset switch... that's what D* put it there for!

I just got the software update and that did the trick. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv Referral Program .

New member with ?'s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)