D10 Caller ID Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JimONeill

Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
I just started DirecTV service on 3/17, with an R10 and two D10-200 receivers. The D10's have on-screen Caller ID, but they're both having the same problem: the Caller ID works fine for a few days but then just quits working. I need to reset the receiver and then the CID will work again for a few more days but then will just randomly quit again after a while. They've both been doing this over and over.

I figure that it can't be anything to do with the phone lines or my phone service because (a) the Caller ID function on my regular phones works fine all the time and (b) resetting the receiver temporarily fixes the problem.

Any ideas? Or is this a known problem with these receivers?

It may be a problem with the Samsung made D10-200 units. I have had no problems with the D10-100 RCA manufactured units. Contact Directv.

There is no such problem with the D10-300 either. Contact Directv! :p

/Seriously, this sounds a lot like a software bug. This behaviour is likely to change once the software upgrade that will enable the Active feature will take place.

Yeah, it sure sounds like a software problem, since a reboot fixes it. I sent an e-mail to DirecTV this morning right before posting here. I'll see what they have to say.

They replied to my e-mail only to tell me to call technical support. I waited until it happened again on one of the receivers (which ended up being today). They had to transfer me to second level support and the guy told me that it's a known problem that will be fixed with a software update. Soon, I hope.

He claims that it's a problem with all D-10 receivers, although the earlier replies indicate that at least some people with the Thomson and Philips receivers aren't having the problem.

I'll be patient.

I have had that happen with the d10-200s on 2 seperate installs and you can reset it and it will start working again..Why it has only happened twice im not sure but i think most people dont care enough about the caller id to care to call in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)