This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

D10 Receiver - what the deal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dalirahma

Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
Has anyone had problems with the DirectTV D10 receiver? Yesterday mine just turned itself off...and it wouldn't power back up. Okay, no big deal. I returned it to Best Buy and exchanged it, no problem.

I activated the new receiver and after about an hour of use, I started to get a 761 'insert your access card' message. Well, the card was in there. If I touched the card, the error went way...but after a while the error came back. I did this over and over. It's acting like something that has an electrical short.

Has anyone seen this? Is it possibly the card? Or the receiver?

I suppose I'll just bring it back...again.

Try these:

1. If the unit is in a entertainment center it may be over heating. Remove from the center or vent the center with two noiseless exhaust fans; one at the top and one at the bottom to pull the heat out.

2. If you have had this card a while and changed it from one IRD to another, maybe it has become dirty. Lightly clean the gold contact with a new pencil erasure and blow off the dust.

3. The IRD's contacts may be offset or not to specs. Call D* and see if they can send a replacement.
s
4. Add a line/power conditioner to your home theater (and computers) to clean up dirty AC power. This is a MUST. These are NOT power strips or surge protect strips!

These are experiences I have had. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the suggestions about a power conditioner. The power certainly could have been the cause of the first receiver dying. But being a 'path of least resistance' kind of guy, I just took the receiver back to Best Buy. They exchanged it again, but are starting to wonder about me, I guess . I told them that this would be the last time.

I have a Monster Power Bar 1100 works great bestbuy carries it i recommend it to you it has a 250,000 connection protection it is worth it to keep everything working

Status
Please reply by conversation.