D10 Testing Ahead of Schedule

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is good news if the FCC expedites it. I dont see why not but you know the FCC.

You mean like how it has taken YEARS to get CPTV in hd here? Oh, wait a minute, they haven't done it yet! :mad:

You mean like how it has taken YEARS to get CPTV in hd here? Oh, wait a minute, they haven't done it yet! :mad:

No kidding. Thats a great example. I still cant believe there is no solution. They even have an HD complex that they are not utilizing because of tower construction which is in the hands of the FCC. All they have to say is yes 45 and 9 are ok or no, use these. :mad:

It MAY mean as early as September 1st! :up:D

I read the filing as saying that they will start moving it on September 1st not be finished moving by September 1st. Give that process 3 days and then it is there on September 4th, a Tuesday, the day of the week D* normally launches new channels.

No kidding. Thats a great example. I still cant believe there is no solution. They even have an HD complex that they are not utilizing because of tower construction which is in the hands of the FCC. All they have to say is yes 45 and 9 are ok or no, use these. :mad:
My company (the one I work for) owns the tower on RattleSnake Mtn, and they are just waiting for the frequency allocation from the FCC so that they can finish up.

Other then that all is sitting there waiting to be used.

My company (the one I work for) owns the tower on RattleSnake Mtn, and they are just waiting for the frequency allocation from the FCC so that they can finish up.

Other then that all is sitting there waiting to be used.

Has the antenna been installed? I heard it wasn't even built yet.

I read the filing as saying that they will start moving it on September 1st not be finished moving by September 1st. Give that process 3 days and then it is there on September 4th, a Tuesday, the day of the week D* normally launches new channels.

You're right. My enthusiasm got the better of me. :eek: September 4th it is! (I hope) :D

What's CPTV? Okay I looked it up, but you should explain the acronym for others that don't know.

CPTV = Connecticut Public Television. If you notice the location of all those earlier posters above, they all hail from the Nutmeg State. So for them it is a common acronym. Having spent time in CT myself, I knew this, but I can understand your confusion.

guys, i don't want to spoil the party but i did email bob mercer to ask if we were on the right track interpreting the letter to the FCC. you won't like his response.

``I wouldn't necessarily interpret it that way.''

now, either he doesn't want to go on-record and say we're right.....which knowing pr people is a distinct possibility. OR, we are way off track and making an assumption based on a letter without knowing the facts......an even greater possibility and in my opinion, the correct answer.

in any event, you have the official response.

What's CPTV? Okay I looked it up, but you should explain the acronym for others that don't know.

It was just first hand knowledge of how the FCC doesnt always act expediently or in the interest of the consumer. I think Directv is a bit different so hopefully we see some action.

guys, i don't want to spoil the party but i did email bob mercer to ask if we were on the right track interpreting the letter to the FCC. you won't like his response.

He probably would have said the same thing if he'd been asked about the June 7th FCC letter, too.

now, either he doesn't want to go on-record and say we're right.....which knowing pr people is a distinct possibility. OR, we are way off track and making an assumption based on a letter without knowing the facts......an even greater possibility and in my opinion, the correct answer.

in any event, you have the official response.

9/15 still circled in red on my calendar, but I am willing to be pleasantly surprised... :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)