D1000.2 in South Texas?

RedSavina

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 19, 2005
Groton, CT
I have read where the D1000.2 does not work in some locations - including my location in deep south TX (Harlingen DMA). I've also read where the D1000.2 will work in some New England locations despite being listed as otherwise. The other day I was helping a friend move when his installer showed up. According to the installer, the D1000.2 works in Corpus Christi and should work in this DMA...

I have questions about this:

1) How accurate should I consider these published exclusions? Better yet, does anyone know of a successful installation in my part of the country?

2) What is the actual problem with a D1000.2 dish in these areas? It can't be 129, since a separate dish can pull 129 with no problem... Besides, the local HD RSN is on 129! I assume it is the dish geometry.

3) Has anyone attempted installing the D1000.2 lnb assembly onto a larger (80, 90, 100 cm) dish?

4) I've read about a mod here and here to strap an lnb onto a D500 dish. Will this work in my area? Will it offer any advantages over a D1000.2?

I have been very happy getting my HD off of 61.5, but am considering "moving" and would need 129 to make the move worthwhile. Since I have Sky Angel on 61.5, re-pointing the second dish is really not an option. I'm not opposed to adding a third dish, but the cost of another dish and the DPP44 is a bit more than the 1000.2 solution (the 1000.2 lnb on a larger dish would be a wash financially, but might be worth it for the signal gains).

Note that I'm not bashful about doing my own install or getting a little creative/tricky. I've been installing my own gear for more than a dozen years - including 148 from the west coast (with the elevation offset adapter).

Bring it-
:D
Red

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)