Trying to get Dish Network service, again

CapeFish

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
Cape Coral, FL -- College: FSU
After April is over, I will be cancelling the Comcast Tallahassee service for the summer as I return back home to the Cape. When I return for the fall in August, I would like to attempt another installation with Dish Network. I previously had called Dish to add service in January but the installer couldn't find a line-of-sight. Since then, my friendly neighbors have taken down several of the offending trees to help the situation. However I am concerned that if I call Dish Network, they may send the same installer out and I once again may get denied service due to line-of-sight.

If I call Dish, will they know not to send out the same installer again? Should I call a local dealer in the neighborhood for install or do they only sell the Dish and call someone else to install?

Also, what is the best way to go if I want to have service only seasonally? I really would prefer not to buy my own boxes or enter into too long of a commitment. Do I just downgrade service when I am gone in the summers? What do I downgrade to?

My parents have Dish Network at their home so I am familiar with the aspects of line-of-sight and such for installation, but all these changes to the programming packages confuse me.

Thanks in advanced!

In most cases I would suggest a local retailer.. But since you want a seasonal cut-off it might be rough on a local dealer since he would be charged back money out of his pocket if you shut your service down before his chargeback period is over. I would certainly explain to him what you want to do so he knows what to expect.

You can put your service on hold in most cases. But the original dealer will still loose money while you are on hold if you are still in his chargeback period. Even if you have no contract with Dish, the poor dealer is still on the hook for 12 months.

Dealer right now only has a 12 month period to worry about.. I guess all I really wanted to say is to make sure the dealer who puts it in knows what you plan to do. After 12 months he is no longer on the hook and you can do seasonal as often as you like without causing him any problems. All depends on whether you liked him and his install :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)