D1000 signal levels??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
I just upgraded to a D1000 and have a 322 & 625 receiver. The signal strenght for the 110 and 119 are in themid 90's but the signal strenght for the 129 is only in the mid 60's Should I be able to pull more signal from the 129?? The 129 is only being used for the wing dish as I do not have LOS for the 148. The little lady really wanted the PBS channel. ( Husker Volleyball) I am thinking about upgrading to Hi-Def and Voom but am wondering if the signal strenght is okay for the 129. By the way.. the pole is perfectly plum and I borrowed a friends Birdog to sight the dish.

That's what I was getting here in Northern Calif. mid 60s for most transponders. This is with a Dish500 and Dual DP LNB, though. I just re-aimed the Dish500 to 148, I get 90s and 100s on that one. For some reason, 129 is low in power.

Some have reported higher readings in other areas so you may want to do a search.

I am getting 90's throw 103 for signal on 129 here in lower mich on a dish 500 with a look angle of 22 degs dish is sraight up and down any lower and dish would be pointing at the ground lol but am suprised of the high signal on my 2 811's the picture never drops even in bad weather but im sure it may some times was thinking of going to a dish 1000 but have heard it is much different for signals then the dish 500.

MY SETUP:
Superdish on 110/119/121
Dish 500 on 129
2- 811's (HD receivers)

depending on your location that is about right, once their new bird is laucnched it should boost that signal up.

I'm in Northern Cali and I also get similar readings from 129. Transponders are from 58 at the lowest to 77 at the highest. I guess we just have to be patient and hope for a new bird to boost that signal.

im in chicago w/ a dish 1000 and thats about right.. upper 60's lower 70's on most tps.. with one peaking at 90+

Sorry i lied.... After checking on my 942 apperantly im now getting 80's on most tps and 90's on 3 of them off of a d1000... It went up sence i peaked out the d1000 two weeks ago....

Thanks guys, I figured I was about right as I was looking into comparison with the Superdish 105, signal on the 105 is also averaging upper 60's to lower 70's. That is at my sisters house. She did see the D1000 and wants one so she could get rid of the monster she has in her yard. Too bad she can't have one LOL

Northeast alabama w/ a dish300 and DP Dual - most are about mid 80's and few are low 90's. Its better now than when they first lit 129 up. I was getting mostly in the mid 70's and a few in the 80's.

has anyone here tried pulling 129 in thats located in florida, lower texas, or in the new england area. I would be interested to see if they could see even a glitch of a signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)