D12 Operational poll

When will D*12 go into service? (from 4/23/10)

• 2 weeks

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 51 38.9%
  • 6 weeks

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • 8 weeks

Votes: 16 12.2%
  • 3 months

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 months

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 1 year

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Never

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • None of the abve

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You should have put this in the Direct forum. You would get many more responses. Particularly since this is not a E vs D issue

Like I said last week on the radio show. The rumor I am hearing is that is dtv12 is not there in time that Directv has some space on the other birds and could also compress other HD channels to get these new channels in.

If that is true then the HD channels will launch with or without dtv12.

Like I said last week on the radio show. The rumor I am hearing is that is dtv12 is not there in time that Directv has some space on the other birds and could also compress other HD channels to get these new channels in.

if thats the case i rather not have them add anything till the bird is running.

In the two day absence of new TLEs, there's a fair chance that D12 is currently on the move. DIRECTV seems to favor not letting anyone know what's going on during the final drift.

I never saw this thread till NOW, so I'm late to the poll.

I think you'll see stuff happening inn the 3-4th week of May.

Like Scott said, it may be on the already working bird.
As long as they don't compress much to get a few channels up, I'm fine, they probably can add some without getting into the D 12 anyways.

When a few channels start showing up we won't know if it's the new or the old unless we look to see if there are numbers on the new sat as far as I know. Don't think there's any other way to know, that I am aware of.

Two weeks 4 weeks gone (wasn't that a chant or was it 2 bits 4bits 6 bits?...). The Twelfth of never is looking more promising.:D

if thats the case i rather not have them add anything till the bird is running.

You and me both. One they compress more, I doubt they will undo it when they do have the space. Leave that alone D*!!

I agree with Rey and Mr Smith. I'd rather wait a couple of extra weeks than have D* start compressing, even if it's for just a couple of weeks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)