DA on Firestick Frustration

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
So the 2 months in Ohio is coming to an end and one of the things I'm most ready to be done with is using this POS App.

I have about 45 Mb/s D/L at the Hotel, about 550 MB/s Upload at home. Every app on here is flawless - Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, HBO Go, etc - all of them, but DA constantly spools, mostly on DVR Playback but occasionally on Live TV, too. Ann-OYYYY-ing!!!

/vent

Forgive me, but often it is a FireSTICK problem, but never my Fire TV's (plural) (proper Full superior hardware). Any of these "stick" products should be avoided when the better alternative is available because there are some compromises using the cheaper "stick" options. I hear problems with those who use FireSTICK or RokuSTICK et al., STICK products. For the vast majority, it is not a matter of them not being able to truly afford the more expensive, more powerful, virtually no problem option, it is stinginess: they can't resist that lower price. However, one gets what they pay for, as the old saying goes. The STICK option should be reserved ONLY for its portability when traveling--but then, how much more larger or troublesome would packing the slender FireTV thin, square, box be, or for that matter, the very small Roku puck in order to get high reliability even when traveling? And there are cables that can be used to convert default connections.

I have no problems with DA or other apps using my FireTV full version thin square. It's the STICKS that always seem to have the problems. Perhaps DA is best on non-STICK hardware.

Avoid the STICKs. Way too many problems. and BTW, Amazons latest lesser powered "STICK" product is designed to look like the more reliable square FireTV, but its just a disguise: the new SQUARE with the guts of the inferior STICK. but marketed using the "FireTV" brand model with no mention of the word STICK, which is all it really is, a STICK "under the hood." If one wants the TRUE superior to the STICK FireTV, one needs to get the new FireTV Cube. The Cube is the proper powered new version of the old FireTV ( non-stick).

Also, a fair amount of reviews from former STICK people who bought the fully powered version praising the speed and much better reliability of the full versions vs. the STICKS and recommend full versions.

Last edited:
Forgive me, but often it is a FireSTICK problem, but never my Fire TV's (plural) (proper Full superior hardware). Any of these "stick" products should be avoided when the better alternative is available because there are some compromises using the cheaper "stick" options. I hear problems with those who use FireSTICK or RokuSTICK et al., STICK products. For the vast majority, it is not a matter of them not being able to truly afford the more expensive, more powerful, virtually no problem option, it is stinginess: they can't resist that lower price. However, one gets what they pay for, as the old saying goes. The STICK option should be reserved ONLY for its portability when traveling--but then, how much more larger or troublesome would packing the slender FireTV thin, square, box be, or for that matter, the very small Roku puck in order to get high reliability even when traveling? And there are cables that can be used to convert default connections.

I have no problems with DA or other apps using my FireTV full version thin square. It's the STICKS that always seem to have the problems. Perhaps DA is best on non-STICK hardware.

Avoid the STICKs. Way too many problems. and BTW, Amazons latest lesser powered "STICK" product is designed to look like the more reliable square FireTV, but its just a disguise: the new SQUARE with the guts of the inferior STICK. but marketed using the "FireTV" brand model with no mention of the word STICK, which is all it really is, a STICK "under the hood." If one wants the TRUE superior to the STICK FireTV, one needs to get the new FireTV Cube. The Cube is the proper powered new version of the old FireTV ( non-stick).

Also, a fair amount of reviews from former STICK people who bought the fully powered version praising the speed and much better reliability of the full versions vs. the STICKS and recommend full versions.
Yet, every other app is fine and I have a bunch that I use on here. Only DA has issues, but tbh, I'm probably going to get a FireTV anyway

Reactions: TheKrell
For me DA is equally pitiful on the PC. Connects to the hopper about 50% of the time and I have to kill the process and start over to make it work. I am using Win 10 with a very good computer. I think it is a poor performing app.

Not everyone is having problems with the Fire Stick:

At the end of April We went to Florida for a week. We stayed at a condo that had centralized WiFi. I was amazed that my Fire Stick (current generation) performed flawlessly for the whole week. We used Dish Anywhere every day for the whole week without any problems. Since then, I have been using the Fire Stick at home and it has been performing flawlessly. My Fire Stick works much better, and is a lot faster than my old Roku 2 XD (which I thought was great until I got the Fire Stick). Now, I hardly ever use my Roku.

Last edited:
For me DA is equally pitiful on the PC. Connects to the hopper about 50% of the time and I have to kill the process and start over to make it work. I am using Win 10 with a very good computer. I think it is a poor performing app.
I've heard that, too. I never use it on my PC, so I never had the pleasure of those issues

Not everyone is having problems with the Fire Stick:

At the end of April We went to Florida for a week. We stayed at a condo that had centralized WiFi. I was amazed that my Fire Stick (current generation) performed flawlessly for the whole week. We used Dish Anywhere every day for the whole week without any problems. Since then, I have been using the Fire Stick at home and it has been performing flawlessly. My Fire Stick works much better, and is a lot faster than my old Roku 2 XD (which I thought was great until I got the Fire Stick). Now, I hardly ever use my Roku.
Min works perfectly at home, Never an issue, just when I'm on the road. I guess 45 Mb/s isn't enough lol

The only time DA usually gives me any problems on our Next Gen Firestick is when I have a really poor cell signal for my data service hotspots. I've even used it on occasion with a 3G hotspot at 2-2.5 Mbps with relatively little buffering. One thing I did learn early on was not plug the stick directly into the TV's HDMI port. I can get a much more consistent WiFi signal on it by using an HDMI cable that's long enough to move it at least a foot or two away from the TV to minimize any interference.

Reactions: HipKat
is this the old stick or the updated one from a few years ago ??
i have 3 now, 2 newer with voice remotes and 1 older one. my older one spools more than the newer ones. the last one i picked up was $20 on prime day, to replace the old one.
i take it on trips, works well, usually.

is this the old stick or the updated one from a few years ago ??
i have 3 now, 2 newer with voice remotes and 1 older one. my older one spools more than the newer ones. the last one i picked up was $20 on prime day, to replace the old one.
i take it on trips, works well, usually.
It's the newer one with the Alexa voice control, but the stick, not the fireTV

Can the Dish Anywhere guide using the Amazon Fire stick be customized. I would like to remove the unwanted channels. On the tablet you can set your favorites.

With my fire stick if i go more than a few days without watching the app i have to sign in again on the computer with the activation code . :mad:

I read your post and as I am going to have guests for the holidays I checked my fire stick in the guest room. No login required on any of my apps. Are you a prime subscriber? Just wondering if that would make a difference as I am.

I read your post and as I am going to have guests for the holidays I checked my fire stick in the guest room. No login required on any of my apps. Are you a prime subscriber? Just wondering if that would make a difference as I am.

Meant to add I haven’t fired up that fire stick in months.

With my fire stick if i go more than a few days without watching the app i have to sign in again on the computer with the activation code . :mad:

I think "a few days" for me is about a week or two. But then it behaves as you say and that is very annoying. :mad:

I am a prime subscriber, but it has always done it, even before i was a prime subscriber. Netflix and any of my other apps don't require constant sign in's, only dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)