DA on Firestick Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
If I want to watch something on my DVR, Say Rachel Maddow, which records every night, and it's been a few days, there's no option to choose specific episodes. Same with any series that I know there are more than 1 episode in. Am I missing something?

When you select a recorded program with multiple episodes, the latest episode's info is displayed, but there should be an "Episodes" selection at the top of the screen to the right of "Summary". Selecting that will bring up an episodes listing by date on the right side of the screen that you can select from.

Last edited:
Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
As much as I love DA on Fire TV (and I mean the proper Fire TV--not the stick :)) the problem is that because it is an app with a connected device remote with very few buttons and options (just like the Roku), it is not very intuitive at first, and it took me trail and error to find things such as specific episodes of DVR recordings, knowing when I can back out someplace and NOT stop streaming and even the EPG is NOT as intuitive as the main Dish systems. As much as I really do like DA on Fire TV and as much as I recommend it, I do make it clear that for some people, it may be "easier" or "better" if they just get a Joey (even at the monthly cost) because navigating DA on Fire TV can be a huge challenge for the elderly or just be frustrating for younger people who just have no patience and expect it to be a "Joey" experience. DA on Fire takes getting used to, as does Slingbox app on Fire TV takes getting used to. But, this is the irony of the Roku, Fire TV and like devices: the remotes were designed for the most simple command of select the app, move the focus, select and then Play or Pause or Fast Forward or Rewind or (in the case of Roku) Skip back, no shortcut keys, no easy, quick way to change tabs and having to be the economy of an APP, is now in a world were we demand far more complex selections in our APPS like DA, accessing a far more complex system at home with many features seems to just come up short. I find even the virtual MSO's to be somewhat cumbersome, only because of the features being added that we DEMAND. I think it is time for adding a few more button on the connected device remotes. Simplicity has given way to complexity because our connected devices are becoming our main TV, not just a "streamer."

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
As much as I love DA on Fire TV (and I mean the proper Fire TV--not the stick :)) the problem is that because it is an app with a connected device remote with very few buttons and options (just like the Roku), it is not very intuitive at first, and it took me trail and error to find things such as specific episodes of DVR recordings, knowing when I can back out someplace and NOT stop streaming and even the EPG is NOT as intuitive as the main Dish systems. As much as I really do like DA on Fire TV and as much as I recommend it, I do make it clear that for some people, it may be "easier" or "better" if they just get a Joey (even at the monthly cost) because navigating DA on Fire TV can be a huge challenge for the elderly or just be frustrating for younger people who just have no patience and expect it to be a "Joey" experience. DA on Fire takes getting used to, as does Slingbox app on Fire TV takes getting used to. But, this is the irony of the Roku, Fire TV and like devices: the remotes were designed for the most simple command of select the app, move the focus, select and then Play or Pause or Fast Forward or Rewind or (in the case of Roku) Skip back, no shortcut keys, no easy, quick way to change tabs and having to be the economy of an APP, is now in a world were we demand far more complex selections in our APPS like DA, accessing a far more complex system at home with many features seems to just come up short. I find even the virtual MSO's to be somewhat cumbersome, only because of the features being added that we DEMAND. I think it is time for adding a few more button on the connected device remotes. Simplicity has given way to complexity because our connected devices are becoming our main TV, not just a "streamer."
I use my Firestick when I'm on the road, like now, working in Columbus, OH for 6 weeks. Getting a Joey instead won't help me lol.

Thanks f or the replies, guys, I'll check it out tonight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts