Dallas HD stations

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I currently have 110, 119 and 129 satellites. What satellite does dallas hd channels come over?

I currently live in Sherman. I don't have abc and now have lost my nbc. I am thinking about moving to dallas. I orderer a OTA last week from summit source. They still have not sent. I usually read reviews for a site before I buy but forgot on this one. They have a lot of bad reviews. Don't think I can even get abc with OTA. I am fed up. If I wasn't on a new 2 yr contract I would go back to cable. I had been with dish for 10 yrs. I got caught moving and had to sign a new 2 yr contract to move back. They where suppose to send new reciever to billing address and was sent to service address. Should of moved back first but that is hind sight now. Had I knew I was going to lose kten I would of just cancel at that time and went back to cable. TV should not be this hard.

Last edited:
I currently live in Sherman. I don't have abc and now have lost my nbc. I am thinking about moving to dallas. I orderer a OTA last week from summit source. They still have not sent. I usually read reviews for a site before I buy but forgot on this one. They have a lot of bad reviews. Don't think I can even get abc with OTA. I am fed up. If I wasn't on a new 2 yr contract I would go back to cable. I had been with dish for 10 yrs. I got caught moving and had to sign a new 2 yr contract to move back. They where suppose to send new reciever to billing address and was sent to service address. Should of moved back first but that is hind sight now. Had I knew I was going to lose kten I would of just cancel at that time and went back to cable. TV should not be this hard.

You will have a VERY hard time getting WFAA-DT in Sherman. I had a crappy signal in Plano with a 10' antenna 30' off the ground.

You will have a VERY hard time getting WFAA-DT in Sherman. I had a crappy signal in Plano with a 10' antenna 30' off the ground.

I hear you brother....I couldn't get locals either in plano, until almighty pre-amp was installed. However WFAA is 100% signal at Collin county college.

I have read in many previous posts from sherman that WFAA is hardest one to get in sherman...even with pre-amp.

With a good TV antenna and not in a valley you should have a very good chance of 8.1/8.2 and 8.3 after 2/17/09. WFAA is moving back to ch.8 for their broadcast channel and forcast service area is better than their Analog signal. No you can't use a $39.99 generic antenna and expect to pick them up but a good fringe area Channel Master or Winegard should work well.

Recieved antenna from summit. Came in about a week and in good condition. It is an antennacraft for blue area. Lowes only had one five foot pole left so that is all I used mounted to gable. I live in south Sherman. Pointed toward dallas and did not pick anything up but at least I got my kten back. I may try a bigger pole later on.

Is there anyway to display the program info in the guide? Right now I am using a manual timer to record. Would at least be nice if there was a way to give manual timer a name.

...I live in south Sherman. Pointed toward dallas and did not pick anything up but at least I got my kten back. I may try a bigger pole later on. ..

I would say invest $30~50 in pre-amp with 2-3 db noise and atleast 30db gain, that should bring dallas local to ur area. also check in OTA section for more help.

...Is there anyway to display the program info in the guide? Right now I am using a manual timer to record. Would at least be nice if there was a way to give manual timer a name.

No , unless you pay dish $5.00 for locals, I heard 811 is the only reciever that gives you free EPG info with OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)