Just wanted to say THANKS.

Grzldvt

Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
San Jose, CA
I just got Dish installed about a month ago, and long story short once we had to move the entertainment center in the Living Room to get the guys access, since we had to move a couple of peices of BIG furniture we decided to paint the room. That led to a whole ton of remodeling :cool: and the need to switch the TV2 DVR to another room that was on a non DVR box.

I found this Forum, joined yesterday and a quick search revealed the exact answer I was looking for. So a BIG Thanks goes out to those with the knowledge and willingness to help others out.

Unfortunately the guy that set everything up, did not appear to put the incoming splitters in the same place. The DVR splitter is right at my crawl space access hole, the non-DVR is right at the second box, that is located in another room. Not sure why he did that, would have made sense to put them in the same location and tie into the existing coax. The two are withing 15 feet of each other, so I may try to rework the cables so the splitters are in the same spot and I can move TV2 to the other room.

Anyway just wanted to say THANKS for the knowledge I fouynd already!!!:up
Steve

Well, :welcometo satelliteguys, and thank you for posting a great story of success. Keep us up to date on your project, and feel free to ask any questions you may have where we can be of assistance.

UPDATE - Well, as it turns out redoing cables was simply too messy. I still had my old Tivo, so I moved the 322 box to the room where I wanted TV2 to go to. After another few searches I setup the Tivo with posts I found and all appears to be working perfectly.

Glad we could help that is what we are here for.

Thank you for using the SEARCH instead of just asking the same question for the millionth time.

I figured I was not a pioneer in doing this, and someone had to have been successful before I showed up, so I agree the SEARCH is the best place to start...

I now have my 322 going into the Tivo which then outputs to a PC I built with a Hauppage low end TV Tuner card. That 2 Terrabyte Antec Cube PC holds all my recorded shows, plus somewhere in the range of 3000+ pictures of my backpacking adventures in Yosemite and the Sierra. :cool: All displayed on a 22 " LCD monitor, or a Sony Big Screen Projector. Two drives is just about al lthat will fit in the case without generating major heat.
This gives me the ability to pull not only direct from the Tivo, but I can record from the Hauppage card as well. The Hauppage is pretty cumbersome as it is all manual, but I can Tivo a show, record it to the PC via the Hauppage and skip the multi-step conversion process going from Tivo ToGo to MPEG. I picked the card up for $5 at a local computer recycle organization. It is definitely not the latest and greatest. This was more of an experiment in terror:eek: to see if I can get it to work.
I have a 722 that controls two other TV's, but Tivo gives me a lot more flexibility to record and DVD shows I want to keep.

My next goal is to daisy chain external disk drives, so I don't have to go through any conversion process to DVD. Then setup a menu system to select from a catalog.

See the company Kaliedescape and it's product, that is what I want to duplicate. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts