Dallas locals OTA

I think I finally convinced the wife that this is what we should do to help cut back on expenses. Even with dropping FiOS TV/Internet and going with cable internet and even the monthly TiVo fee if we can't find a good deal on lifetime we would still be saving about $50 a month, and I could pipe in the locals to the other two TVs in the house which just have Rokus on them now.

If you cannot get a good deal on an used TiVo with lifetime, I would definitely buy the Romeo 4 Tuner. I have 2 of them. They also work with the TiVo minis to allow you to watch in other rooms.

If you cannot get a good deal on an used TiVo with lifetime, I would definitely buy the Romeo 4 Tuner.
Do the Roamio's work good on OTA? With the minis are there any lag on them getting info from the main unit?

Thought of upgrading to one (even though the times I'd need 4 tuners are minimal with only 12 channels total);)

Only the base model has an OTA tuner. It works great (unlike the premiere). It works as well as the Series 3 HD ones do. If you have a good 100mbit/sec switch or can use MOCA the minis act just like a TiVo Premiere. A little less responsive than the Romeo, but definitely work well. They keep their own guide data and stuff on the themselves, just using the main unit as a file server.

It is also pretty easy to upgrade the disk. Essentially open it up, replace the disk and turn it back on. It formats the disk (up to 3TB).

sounds like a winner :)
I saw you asked about the Roamio in another thread....I did answer your question and made a note about the fact you need the 4 tuner (basic) Roamio for OTA

Yep. Picked up the 4 tuner model. That's all we need in our house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)