Dallas suburb to open new $60 million football stadium

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
Dallas suburb to open new $60 million football stadium - Houston Chronicle

I will be the first one to admit that I've never gotten your hardcore Texas high school football fan. I can't for the life of me figure out how a 50 year old man would be caught dead wearing his high school letterman's jacket. When I find out a woman has taken vacation from work to make a Friday afternoon pep rally at her old high school, I think "loser."

That having been said, this is surreal. We're laying off teachers left and right in Texas (my wife is one of them), and we're shelling out $60 million for a stadium?!? I wonder if they've realized how much they could make from selling PSLs?!?

628x471.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this the other day and simply shook my head.

It is fantastic though.

Last edited:
I remember when this was being discussed and when the groundbreaking happened. Allen needed a new stadium bad due to it's school district size and how dilapidated their old stadium was.

A lot of Texas high schools are building lavish stadiums. This one is being paid for with a school bond. I personally think the money should go into the schools, not stadiums. The high school I went to did the same thing 7 or 8 years ago. :(

Allen, TX has one of the largest high school class sizes in the state. They are considered 5A which is the largest classification in Texas and really they need to split into two high schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)