NCAA Football 2012-13 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
Well its almost that time again! What? You say its months away? Well that does not stop them from putting out meaningless preseason polls already

Scout.com: 2012 Pre-Preseason Rankings

1. USC
2. LSU
3. Alabama
4. UGA
5. OK
6. Oregon
7. Arkansas
8. Texas
9. Michigan
10. Florida State

---

A lot of hype around USC this year. I really hope they run the table. That way they can face the SEC Champion in the title game and get beat. ;) We are tired of beating up on the poor Big 10 and Big 12 in the title game ;)

UGA at number 4? lol........

What may be odder is Arkansas at 7 after the offseason that they have had.

Yes GA was the SEC East champion last year and return a bunch. They certainly are the favorite to win the SEC east (as they also have one of the easier schedules) Not having to play Alabama, LSU, or Arkansas certainly makes them the favorite in the east as FLA has to play LSU, South Carolina gets Arkansas and LSU.

I do not think this year we will see an undefeated SEC team. Heck maybe even a 2 loss Champion. The west, you have LSU, Arkansas and Alabama who may even each beat 1 of the other. Then you have FLA, GA, USC in the east who each likely beat one another. It is going to be messy. 6 teams in the SEC who are rightful top 25 teams it will be a messy year.

Then of course you have the two odd balls. Texas AnM and Missouri.. Where will they rank among the SEC elite?

Ga may very well win the east again but I still say, number 4?

Obviously the poll is meaningless. But gives us something to discuss. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

no biggie :) just removed the _1178 but am glad you guys noticed. this means it shouldn't be an issue.

AND capitalized it also....

I guess it's cuz your the vice-principal now, and have to be all serious and no fun, your name needs to reflect that....... ;)

Really Texas in the top 10. Did they find a QB that no one knows about? OU just suspended or dismissed most of their receiving corp and my Pokes named a true freshmen starting QB. WVU or K-State may be the favorite in the Big 12 right now. OU is supposed to have great receivers coming in that have been told to be ready as they are getting thrown straight into the fire.

Michigan going all Oregon with 2012 unis? | CollegeFootballTalk

This needs to stop. I don't mind alternate uniforms for special occasions but some of these are just butt ugly. Case in point the grey uniforms the Pokes brought out last season. Stay with the marvelous Orange/Black and do away with the puke grey. Keep some tradition please. The Notre Dame alternate helmets with cartoon shamrock needs to go too.

Kentucky not in the top 25? WHAT? That is a travesty......oh wait this isn't basketball. Oops wrong thread.

Believe it or not, they are or were in the top 10 in attendance in the nation for football.
Good sized stadium, SEC opponent most home games, not that hard to believe.

Edit:

I checked. Latest I could find puts them at #25. That was in 2010. I doubt it has changed as the ones above are packing the house as well and have larger stadiums.

NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)