Damn 622 reboots everyday

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
Even after l356, my 622 reboots everyday, and even at the same time! 8.22pm the receiver reboots, especially when watchin American Idol off OTA. WHY???

And also the average temp goes up 4 degrees every time, and the mini watchdog counts go up too. It's now at 5! Average temp is now 120. The fan actually never runs, unless it's rebooting again! Receiver is on top of my other equipment with about 3 foot of space around it and standing on 1/4" rubber feet for better airflow underneath. I think it's gonna crap out soon...It is just amazing, that Dish just CAN'T build anything that works....it's UNREAL!! Those 299 bucks slowly start to pi$$ me off already:mad: :mad:

Last edited:
ralfyguy said:
Even after l356, my 622 reboots everyday, and even at the same time! 8.22pm the receiver reboots, especially when watchin American Idol off OTA. WHY???

Strange--we just had our 622 (Versioin A) installed yesterday and activiated. LAST NIGHT--just about the time you noted, but it may have been 9:22 (CST)--was that 8:22 pm PST, CST, or which?

I was not happy and called DISH. If that happens while doing some DVR recording, I want my money back and my 942 back!

Haven't had even one re-boot with mine.

I will say that at exactly 3am every morning my 622 checks for updates (it tells me what it's about to and gives me an option to cancel). Maybe yours are doing that and the time setting can be changed on it? Just a thought. Again, zero re-boots and I have used it heavily since my late Feb install.

My first 622 (versionA) would reboot at least 10 times a day. The replacement (versionC) hasn't rebooted once since we received it which is about 3 weeks.

I had a 622 that was rebooting multiple times a day and just got a replacement in yesterday. I didn't know that there was a rev a and a rev c but hopefully this will fix my problem.

In my somewhat limited experience, Dish has trouble keeping their drives working for long periods of time with heavy use. I went through 3 625's in four months and they all had hard drives go bad. I have had TIVO's and REPLAY TV's in the same locations that lasted for, literally, years without ever having a hard drive go bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)