Dan Patrick Show On Fox Sports Regionals?

Galoot

SatelliteGuys Family
May 14, 2008
...presuming the channels come back. I'm just getting into the Fox dispute thread. Yikes.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Is this show in HD?
It is on DirecTV's 101, so I can only assume it is shot in HD, and therefor in HD on the RSNs.

It doesn't matter on Dish anyway, since their HD RSNs are game only. Meaning, even if it is in HD, Dish subs will not be able to see it in HD

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
It is on DirecTV's 101, so I can only assume it is shot in HD, and therefor in HD on the RSNs.

It doesn't matter on Dish anyway, since their HD RSNs are game only. Meaning, even if it is in HD, Dish subs will not be able to see it in HD

yep this is what I was saying all along about my HDRSN rants! There is much more programming in hd on the rsn's other than games.

twilliam66

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 24, 2006
Because it maybe a waste to use the HD feeds of this channel to show infomercials, you then conclude it is also a waste to show syndicated and local HD programming as well?

I am saying this issue has been discussed to death. If people want to see their RSN's in HD full time they will have to get Directv.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
I am saying this issue has been discussed to death. If people want to see their RSN's in HD full time they will have to get Directv.

Thats the problem, is that the mass droves want their RSN's in HD all the time, Look at the fox thread and look at the Dish Network facebook thread especally the responce to Charlies video. Every one is jumping ship over there loss of FX and fox related sports programming. The problem is that Dish wont provide these feeds, and its going to cost them money! They listen to the voice of minority here, when in reallity the voice of majority says something diffrent that what the minority wants.

Now dish is going to pay the piper.

Last edited:

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
It may have been. We are discussing one particular show that will not be in HD on Dish because of this issue. Someone asked if it was in HD and I gave him the answer to why it will not be

There are ways around this, even for Dish, without having to devote all RSNs to 24/7 feeds. Similar to what they do with games, they can use one channel or more for the syndicated shows on the RSNs. Anyone that gets an RSN that shows said show can tune to this channel to watch one of the syndicated shows that are normally shown on their local RSN

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
It may have been. We are discussing one particular show that will not be in HD on Dish because of this issue. Someone asked if it was in HD and I gave him the answer to why it will not be

There are ways around this, even for Dish, without having to devote all RSNs to 24/7 feeds. Similar to what they do with games, they can use one channel or more for the syndicated shows on the RSNs. Anyone that gets an RSN that shows said show can tune to this channel to watch one of the syndicated shows that are normally shown on their local RSN

Or they can just throw them on spotbeams.. The way I see it dish has to go 24/7 on the HDRSN's. Sooner than later. I remember before Eric Sauhl left he was in the process of getting these ready, and then all of a sudden he left for resons unknown. And as he left, the chances for full time HDRSN's left too.

Galoot

SatelliteGuys Family
May 14, 2008
Dan Patrick Show is showing on at least two of the RSN's in SD. I recorded today's episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)