dance music on FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
Is there any satellite station that plays dance/euro/techno/house music.. either from USA or Europe?

I know there's BPM from Canada but I'd like to see something more current that's reflective of the European or USA club scenes.

Hold the phone, BPM isn't current? I guess that shows how much I know about the club scene...nothing.
Since you are asking about satellite I assume you know about all the internet streams on your genre. Ravetrax, SAS, xfm.nl to name a few. You could also check out the ones on satellite radio. I'm as much in the know as Iceberg there when it comes to stuff on satellite TV. But those on the other mediums will keep you BZ.

BPM is taking the summer off every year and doesn't have any new shows at all from July to September. All the charts they show are old too, that's why people may think it's not current. The rest of the time they are pretty much in line with the euro dance club scene.
Kind of sucks, but this summer hybernation has helped them stay alive for almost 5 years already.
Nothing else, FTA or scrambled, has current dance videos in North America.

Yes, there are!

The Persian channels, believe it or not, play lots of dance music videos - by both Persian artists (you wouldn't believe the amount of dance music they put out) and European artists. Of the ~20 such channels, probably eight or ten will have music videos on at some time, and many of the videos are, of course, dance.

Some of the Middle Eastern radio stations (2M Radio comes to mind) also play dance music. I've seen old eurodance videos from the 90's on Deluxe Music, too.

By the way....if you want a good internet dance music stream, go to http://www.beirutnights.com , my favorite. Great melodic dance songs, and not just the English ones you hear on XM radio's BPM channel - everything from Greek to Russian to Italian to Hungarian eurodance, plus a fair share of Middle Eastern dance music (fairly good, lots of Lebanese as the guy who runs it is from Lebanon).

What about Dish 119 W? with NASA and 70 music channels?

smooth28la said:
Is there any satellite station that plays dance/euro/techno/house music.. either from USA or Europe?

I know there's BPM from Canada but I'd like to see something more current that's reflective of the European or USA club scenes.

tvdxer said:
By the way....if you want a good internet dance music stream, go to http://www.beirutnights.com , my favorite.

yep u right , they play really top cream of euro dance music
I hate to have this whole page to be open so I found this url to live stream getting into the source of this web page
http://www.loudcity.net/Portals/0/LCPlayLists/49/live.asx
check this out

having friend in Canada who sends me tapes with videos from this channel and watching on their top 20 I can say that this channel is kinda old comparing to EU scene but they at least have this in Canada , we dont in USA :(
Few months ago we had at least streams from Viva TV and VIVA tv plus but now, after MTV bought these stations we dont have even this :(

I dont regret sooo much because I look for it on internet , I buy dvds with videos from Europe BUT I feel sorry for Americans that they don't know it and probably they will never know it. People in USA are only around RnB Rock and Country music , mostly made in USA, here people dont have good acces to music from world. In every EU radio stations u can hear music from EU and USA and rest ... here ? only USA... it is disrespecting of people, it is all about money of big record companies but what we gray little people can do about it ? not much
Dont you think it is strange? that u can hear dance music in clubs and in shopping malls but you cant see it on tv and hear it on regular fm stations?
please respond what you think?

once I called to some big company asking for dance videos on tv they told me that there is no need , I asked , how people can need it if they dont even know it?

Where are great times when in 70s USA disco was most great dance music in world?

Try also this radio stations , it is one of the most popular german dance station, very commonly listen in whole EU using satellites (here note on lyngsat)
Sunshine Live
http://lsd.newmedia.tiscali-business.com/bb/redirect.lsc?adid=0&content=live&media=rm&stream=sunshinelive/livestream.rm
logo_sunshine.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)