Danica wins Indy race in Japan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
for those of you who were sleeping when the indy car race in japan ended, danica patrick won her first race in 50 tries when helio casterneaves (sp?) fuel ran low. sorry at 1:15 in the morning, i couldn't remember if he did run out of gas or just ran very low. in any event, her teams strategy paid off and she made open car history.

congrats danica!! :)

i thought espn was rerunning it this morning at 11 but it isn't listed in my dtv program guide....although, i'm going to check again before leaving for church.

They ruined the last Champ Car race ever with her. The final five whole minutes where spent with Danica in the press box doing a little PR routine with the crew.

So while were we trying to watch the final Champ Car race in HD, what we got was watching it in a small "side by side" window with Danica in the other window relaying critical information such as "how great it is to finally get a win" and "I can't believe I'm not that tired getting back from Japan". What a farce for the finale of a great racing series.

They ruined the last Champ Car race ever with her. The final five whole minutes where spent with Danica in the press box doing a little PR routine with the crew.

So while were we trying to watch the final Champ Car race in HD, what we got was watching it in a small "side by side" window with Danica in the other window relaying critical information such as "how great it is to finally get a win" and "I can't believe I'm not that tired getting back from Japan". What a farce for the finale of a great racing series.

Are you bitter that a driver you like lost to Danica?

Are you bitter that a driver you like lost to Danica?

No, he's a P.O.'d Champ Car fan, just like I am. IndyCar is nice, but its no ChampCar. Those of us that don't give a tinker's damn about ovals wanted to see one last race with some of the best looking, sounding cars on earth. Instead we had to listen to Panika Datchick pine about her long trip from Japan. I'm sorry for ya, love, now get out of the way, no offence, the race is on. :)

No, he's a P.O.'d Champ Car fan, just like I am. IndyCar is nice, but its no ChampCar. Those of us that don't give a tinker's damn about ovals wanted to see one last race with some of the best looking, sounding cars on earth. Instead we had to listen to Panika Datchick pine about her long trip from Japan. I'm sorry for ya, love, now get out of the way, no offence, the race is on. :)

Yep, sorry to see the Cosworth engines go away.

I hate to be Cynical, but it appeared Helio let her win!!!

He stated in an interview that he had orders to let her pass and was surprised to see he was in 2nd place.

1st Race - Graham Rahall
2nd Race - Danica Patrick

3rd Race - Marco Andretti is almost a given

Indy Racing is Dull and Boring compared to CHAMP and has lost a number of Marquee Drivers to NASCAR and is desperate for Attention to get sponsorship, thus a new group of winners somewhat popular with recognizable names for the fans.

Yup - I am a conspiracy theorist and Lee Harvey Oswald and James Earl Ray were not working alone. They were Pawns used by the Controlling Powers.

She may have been given the race... I did not see it or hear about it until I saw it here. Nobody can say that she didn't deserve to win or wasn't good enough to win. I have seen this many times before. Probably the most notable was Dale Earnhardt winning the Daytona 500. Now I am / was a big DE fan and I was at the race but unlike the other cars he could basically go wherever he wanted in the field and when he was leading nobody could catch him. My guess is that NASCAR gave him a larger restrictor plate or no plate at all. Sure there was nobody better on that course than him, he just always had something go wrong that he didn't win the race. Unfortunately I was there the day he died also....I was only listening on his channel so I heard his last words which are still clear as day in my head.

We can't prove that they were "given" the races so I just say Congratulations!