Daredevil on Netflix is getting great reviews

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I can't believe there hasn't been any discussion here yet of what is probably the best superhero-themed show on TV right now. Doesn't everyone subscribe to Netflix streaming? lol

Marvel's Daredevil has gotten outstanding reviews across the spectrum, from both critics and viewers. If you aren't currently a Netflix sub, go ahead and cash in your two-week or one-month free trial offer to watch this show. Or just sign up for one month for 8 bucks. It's totally worth it.

I've watched 11 of the 13 episodes thus far and don't want it to end. Fortunately, it's been renewed for a second season and will be joined by a full slate of other Marvel-themed shows on Netflix over the next couple of years, namely Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, and The Defenders. I don't even know who any of those characters are, but I'm in.

You're looking in the wrong section. Netflix is IPTV

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/daredevil-on-netflix-is-getting-great-reviews.349292/

It's good and I was happy it was renewed, but I wouldn't say it is as great as everyone made it out to be. It was slow and plodding for long periods. It would have been better with 8 episodes.

Thanks for the heads up. Never knew that area existed. Strangely when I typed my thread title, the existing one didn't come up.

I have recommended this to my friends and coworkers. I enjoyed it (and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) more than the last Avengers movie.

I liked that instead of just the Matt Murdock/Daredevil origin story, we got that plus the Kingpin origin story, too.

I think Daredevil is on of the best shows on TV today.

I've seen 3 or 4 episodes but got busy watching other shows on regular tv to keep up with it. I will catch up once the summer gets here and I have less to watch on regular tv. But it does seem slow and drawn out. It is also one of the most violent of the super hero shows I've ever seen.

Marvel’s master plan to rule Netflix: ‘Phase 2? revealed in new report https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/marvel-master-plan-rule-netflix-phase-2-revealed-124011542.html
2015 has been another banner year for Marvel’s Cinematic Universe, but following the surprising success of Daredevil on Netflix, superhero fans are just as interested in Marvel’s television plans as they are in the future of the Avengers.Unfortunately (though understandably), the TV projects take a backseat to the films, but Umberto Gonzalez at Heroic Hollywood appears to have shared some inside information regarding the future of Marvel on the small screen earlier this week, and it’s even more complicated than you might have expected.According to Gonzalez, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige views Marvel’s TV ventures as a “necessary evil,” demanded by the higher-ups at Disney. Creators on the TV side of things are trying to bring in characters from the movies to connect the two universes, while TV actors want to be somehow be involved in the movies. All the while, Marvel Studios has been doing its best to brush those involved with TV production aside entirely.
If in wrong place please move and I apologize!! :)

Jason Statham Slams Marvel's Action Sequences As Daredevil Rumors Swirl http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...n-Sequences-Daredevil-Rumors-Swirl-72299.html
Daredevil Season 2 is arriving on our many different screens next year, which means talk has already begun about who will be The Man Without Fear’s next adversary. One of the most frequently mentioned candidates is longtime nemesis Bullseye, and this was fueled further yesterday by the rumor that action movie extraordinaire Jason Statham is being looked at to play the always-accurate villain in 2016. However, despite Bullseye always hitting his mark, being in a Marvel project sounds like it would be a miss for Statham.While talking about his new movie Spy with Italian entertainment site I400CalCi, Statham was critical towards the action scenes seen in the Marvel movies these days, specifically concerning the use of CGI and stunt doubles. As the actor put it:

Bullseye character cast for 'Daredevil' S2: report http://news.yahoo.com/bullseye-character-cast-daredevil-s2-report-143928590.html
A second season of Netflix superhero series "Daredevil" is said to have struck a deal for the role of melée marksman Bullseye.The position has gone to Jason Statham of "Furious 7," "The Expendables" and "The Transporter" films, according to Latino Report.Bullseye, an assassin by trade, is able to use any throwable object as a deadly weapon. According to Marvel comic history, he also has adamantium-strengthened bones in the same way that Wolverine does, making him a formidable foe for Daredevil.The outlet also names Mr Fear, Mysterio and Elektra as other rogues expected to appear over the course of the season.Season 1 of "Daredevil" was released en masse on April 10, and the Netflix-Marvel partnership is to result in a first season of "A.K.A. Jessica Jones" later this year.Also slated are series built around Marvel characters Luke Cage and Iron Fist, with the comic books' quartet then uniting as The Defenders.

Jon Bernthal Cast as Frank Castle for Second Season of Daredevil https://games.yahoo.com/news/jon-bernthal-cast-frank-castle-202600620.html
Huge news coming from Marvel's website today as Jon Bernthal was announced that he's joining the second season of Marvel's Daredevil and he's playing Frank Castle AKA The Punisher, the vigilante who wants to clean up New York City's Hell's Kitchen, even if that means killing people.Bernthal is known for his role as Shane on AMC's The Walking Dead as well as his role in Fury. The head of television of Marvel, Jeph Loeb, is excited about Bernthal coming to the show: “Jon Bernthal brings an unmatched intensity to every role he takes on, with a potent blend of power, motivation and vulnerability that will connect with audiences... Castle’s appearance will bring dramatic changes to the world of Matt Murdock and nothing will be the same.”No news yet when the second season will air yet, but we'll keep you updated.

Rosario Dawson's 'Daredevil' Future https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/rosario-dawsons-daredevil-future-220121710.html
We've all been there – that awkward moment when we were forced to sit through a painfully mediocre performance to support a friend/loved one.Luckily for Rosario Dawson's inner circle, her latest project, Marvel's critically acclaimed Netflix series "Daredevil," is outstanding – and they're more than happy to watch her bring Claire Temple to onscreen life.Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) and Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson) in ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ (Netflix)"I've been working the twentieth anniversary of 'Kids' this year, and I have to say 'Daredevil' coming out and being so great was definitely the thing that was the most moving to certain members of my family and certain friends," the actress told Access Hollywood at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles. "I got extra-long hugs from people [and they were] just like, 'It's great , Rosario.' Just people like really happy."

'Marvel's Daredevil' Casts Elektra https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/marvels-daredevil-casts-elektra-220321453.html
Elektra is coming to "Marvel's Daredevil."Elodie Yung from "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" will play Elektra in Season 2 of the Netflix series, a character previously hinted at in Season 1.Elektra is described as a mysterious woman from Matt Murdock's (Charlie Cox) past. Her dangerous and exotic ways might be more than he can handle, per Marvel.Elodie previously appeared in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" in 2011, and will appear in the upcoming "Gods of Egypt" as Hathor, alongside Gerard Butler and "Game of Thrones'" Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.Elodie is the latest name to join the "Marvel's Daredevil" cast. Previously it was announced that Jon Bernthal will play Frank Castle (The Punisher).Season 2 of the Netflix series will be out next year.Jennifer Garner famously played Elektra to Ben Affleck’s Daredevil on the big screen.

'Daredevil' wasn't allowed to use this character because Marvel has other plans https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/daredevil-wasnt-allowed-character-because-230200409.html
When you cover superhero adaptations for a living, there will come a moment when you have to decide if you’re going to dive into weeds of obscure references, or just let go of a throwaway quote by a creator. Today, I choose the former.Put on your waders, we’re going in.During today’s TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour of upcoming Netflix shows, Steven S. DeKnight mentioned something about “Daredevil” in passing that SHOULD have made everyone go “Wait, what?” When DeKnight was ramping up for the first season of the show, he received very little pushback from Marvel. Except on one front: Rosario Dawson’s character, Claire Temple.Originally DeKnight wanted Dawson to portray Linda Carter (no, not Wonder Woman) in the show. Carter is better known as the Night Nurse. Of course, “better known” is subjective as Carter is a pretty deep cut when it comes to superhero characters. But why did Marvel put the kibosh on that plan? According to DeKnight, it’s because there are movie plans for Linda Carter.

5 Reasons Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ is Exactly What Marvel Needs http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...at-marvel-needs.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3iKRXZovX
At this point, we’re all pretty familiar with the heroes of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe. Already, we’ve seen three Iron Man films, two Captain Americas, two Avengers, and standalone movies for Thor, Ant-Man, and The Incredible Hulk. The next generation of heroes is on the horizon, but for the most part we know who all the major players are. Things aren’t quite so defined though in terms of Marvel’s TV universe we first got a peek into with Daredevil. The heroes in that world lack the same name recognition as their cinematic counterparts, and in many ways this is exactly what Marvel needs.The future for Marvel’s Netflix shows is slated to feature individual series for each of Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage, before they all join forces with Daredevil for The Defenders, acting as a different brand of superhero team. For all intents and purposes, these characters will largely stay out of Marvel’s movies, while still functioning in the same universe. It creates an intriguing dynamic, and has the potential to be the perfect yin to the MCU’s yang. Why you ask?

Netflix ‘Daredevil’ Season 2 Release Date: Punisher Set Photos Show Frank Castle Taking Down A Goon http://www.idigitaltimes.com/netfli...er-set-photos-show-frank-castle-taking-466570
Daredevil season 2 doesn’t release until the Spring of 2016 but the cast and crew are already shooting in New York to chronicle Matt Murdock’s next chapter in Hell's Kitchen.But the buzz surrounding the sophomore season of the hit Netflix series is the casting of The Walking Dead’s Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle AKA the Punisher. While it has been well-received from fans and professionals, there hasn’t been much Punisher related news of note besides the casting.Good thing Murdock will have some help, as Elektra will be joining the cast of Daredevil in season 2. Elodie Yung has been cast as the ninja assassin and Daredevil’s love interest. Hopefully, those two will get along better than Matt and Frank will.

Get Ready for 'Marvel's Jessica Jones,' Which Might Be Netflix's Darkest Series Yet......What we've learned so far about the upcoming superhero "psychological thriller" — and what we remember from the original comics — hints we can expect something pretty grim........http://www.indiewire.com/article/ge...nes-maybe-netflix-darkest-series-yet-20150811
When Netflix announced that it would be producing a series of series featuring characters from the Marvel universe, one of the few things we were promised was that these series would be considerably darker than the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And when "Daredevil" premiered this spring, they delivered on that promise. A gritty, "Wire"-inspired take on the Hell's Kitchen crime and corruption Matt Murdock put on a mask to fight, "Daredevil" didn't skimp on the blood or brutality on screen, leading to a series that showrunner Steven S. DeKnight described as "PG-15."But Netflix's next entry in this initiative, "Marvel's Jessica Jones," might take that grim approach to a new whole new level.

Netflix offers a tiny but tantilizing teaser for Daredevil’s second season https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/netfli...teaser-daredevil-second-season-223018651.html
For my money, the best thing that came out of Marvel this year (with the exception of the stellar Secret Wars comics) was the first season of Daredevil on Netflix. It brought us down to the street level of the Marvel Cinematic Universe without losing sight of what made the movies so appealing in the first place.I couldn’t get through the season’s thirteen episodes fast enough, but by the time it was over, I was ready for thirteen more. Thankfully, Marvel announced shortly after Netflix released the episodes that Daredevil would return for a second season sometime in 2016, and we’d have Jessica Jones to tide us over in the meantime.Since then, there hasn’t been much news regarding the future of Daredevil, but on Wednesday evening, the official Daredevil Twitter account shared an image of what appears to be a new costume that will appear in season 2. The caption reads: “The suit makes the man.”If you watched the first season, you probably remember that Daredevil didn’t don the iconic costume until the very last episode, but it looks like a wardrobe change is already in order for next season. Shortly after the official image was shared, observant fans found a photo from a fashion trade show that seems to show the costume in full:

Marvel's Daredevil Casts New Ally for Matt Murdock.....Meet New York D.A. Blake Tower. .....http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/04/marvels-daredevil-casts-new-ally-for-matt-murdock
Marvel’s Daredevil has cast a new regular for Season 2 of the Netflix series.Tower is an ally for Matt Murdock, aka Daredevil (Charlie Cox), providing him information to track down and capture criminals.In other related casting news, Daredevil’s Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson) will be appearing in Marvel’s Luke Cage series and it appears Matt Murdock might have a new romance brewing in Season 2. Netflix recently teased Daredevil: Season 2, which is in production and will premiere in 2016.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)