"Data Unavailable" on Pandora and Weather Channel apps and Netflix does nothing

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
We just got a Hopper and Super Joey setup this morning, and none of the apps are working on the Hopper. Pandora and Weather Channel apps both say "Data Unavailable" and the Netflix app does nothing, going go it just blanks the screen then returns to whatever screen was active when Netflix was selected. Internet is active on our box, and I'm able to connect fine to it from Dish Anywhere so I know we have Internet connectivity. Also I'm able to connect to my Plex server from the Hopper which was a nice surprise to see.

Any thoughts on what's going on? Thanks ..

It usually takes a couple of days before the apps work on a new Hopper so wait a few days be fore worrying.

Sent from my iPad using Safari.

Reactions: navychop
Thanks. Interestingly enough our Super Joey doesn't have the Netflix app listed, so would this be added once everything is downloaded?

Netflix is only available on the Hopper currently. It is thought to be available on the Joey Soon.

Netflix is only available on the Hopper currently. It is thought to be available on the Joey Soon.

Ahh, good to know. The installer told me the Joey just copied everything from the Hopper so they'd be identical. I'm finding that's not exactly the case since I had to setup the parental locks on both separately.

Yea... Alittle misdirection there. The joey is a client of the hopper. It does not have all the features the hopper has(pip and Netflix to name two). It basically is a slave to the system, and you know masters always have a couple of things extra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)