Dates would help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
On the main page, the top 3 or 4 notices refer to "today" or "tonight". IMO, it would be helpful if every notice, present and future, were dated the day posted.

I have long advocated dating anything posted over the internet. Nothing like doing research on the web and finding out later the info is outdated.

I'd also like to suggest displaying the time of the post on each message.

Kind of helps to figure out where you left off.

Thanks!

John

Dates & Time Please!

Old news is no news. In this day of fast breaking news and information date and time validate the relevance of what we see and hear. Dates and times of posts and replys PLEASE.

Thanks also for a great new forum.

Dick

Maybe I don't understand what is being requested here but the dates and times are posted.

e.g. DSquared your post was on Friday 28 at 12:21PM my local time

The thread was started by Nick on Fri 24th Oct at 9:27 PM. I don't recall what the status of the forum back on Oct 24th but I presume Nick had a valid request back then but but I have had no trouble recently seeing the dates and times of all posts. Is there something in your profile turned off maybe?

Personally, I find the way Scott has this forum set up to be quite nice. If I have any problems I'll let him know but so far this forum looks great IMO.

Nick- you would enjoy the movie running on HDNet Movies now called the Company Man. "Irregardless" of your sense of humor! :D

The lack of a posted on date irritated me as well, but I have noticed that it has been there in the last week.

I don't think I turned it on anywhere.

Don Landis said:
Maybe I don't understand what is being requested here but the dates and times are posted.

e.g. DSquared your post was on Friday 28 at 12:21PM my local time

The thread was started by Nick on Fri 24th Oct at 9:27 PM. I don't recall what the status of the forum back on Oct 24th but I presume Nick had a valid request back then but but I have had no trouble recently seeing the dates and times of all posts. Is there something in your profile turned off maybe?

Personally, I find the way Scott has this forum set up to be quite nice. If I have any problems I'll let him know but so far this forum looks great IMO.

Nick- you would enjoy the movie running on HDNet Movies now called the Company Man. "Irregardless" of your sense of humor! :D

Don, you made me think a bit...

I found that the user can control what is displayed via a profile setting.

Great job Scott. :)

Thanks!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)