Daughter Hopper install

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
My Daughter now has a house so immediately got DISH and dropped Cable. Taught her well.

I "Supervised" the Hopper 3 and two wireless Joeys install, but had nothing to supervise. The Tech was great, obviously knew what he was doing I just stayed out of the way.

Logos etc all downloaded about 4 hours after the install and everything seems to be working. (She doesn't have OTA - no reception there) Wireless Joeys are great, worked flawlessly in the rooms we tried them.
My first impression is the receiver is very fast, I brought my 32" TV over since she doesn't have her TV there yet and to me the picture is a little on the sharper side than my VIP receiver. I couldn't try the Apps because her internet is yet to be installed.
After playing with all the features I can honestly say there are still some things I like better on the VIP receiver but the Hopper 3 with the PTAT and all those tuners allows for making sure shows are not cut off, allows for the Joeys to have a tuner to use yet leaving plenty others for recording. It's faster has the slick Carbon UI and of course has some advanced features. PTAT is a tremendous idea as people who have it already know of course. It seems more logical to me to have the items or most of them that are in the Options section to be in the Settings section, just a nit. I'm sure some of the bugs will pop up as she records and plays back and generally uses it over time.

One other thing the installer mentioned the Joeys now are much easier to set up, he can do them the same time as the Hopper is setting up and he did - all three units at the same time just waiting for the Hopper to finish to pair them.

Congratz on the new addition to her family. But I am beginning to think that programs are not getting cut off. They end early, they're all there and you have to restart from the beginning, scan to where they ended and proceed/finish. That's what I am finding with all mine now.

SandFarmer, I think he was referring to the ability to add a default extra time, say 5 minutes, to all recordings without worrying about conflicts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts