Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DAWN NEWS DEBUTS EXCLUSIVELY ON DISH NETWORK® IN THE U.S.

The first English-language news channel from Pakistan is available only to DISH Network customers

Englewood, Colo., Sept. 3, 2009 – DISH Network, L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) today introduced Dawn News, the first all English-language news channel from Pakistan. The channel is available exclusively to DISH Network customers in the U.S.

“With the launch of Dawn News, DISH Network continues to offer the most exclusive international content in the United States,” said Chris Kuelling, vice president of International Programming for DISH Network. “Nowhere else will Pakistani customers find the breadth and quality of English-language content that Dawn News offers, which is a testament to DISH Network’s continuing commitment to offer the most diverse programming options at the best value.”

“We are delighted to offer the Pakistani diaspora living in the United States the opportunity to view Pakistan through the lens of Dawn News,” said Nabiah Mohammed, senior manager of Marketing for Dawn News. “With 24-hour news, accurate commentary, and high-quality programming, the channel is undoubtedly a tremendous asset for anyone interested in the developments in Pakistan.”

Dawn News, available on DISH Network Ch. 748, provides 24/7 English-language news updates from Pakistan. The channel offers headline news, hourly bulletins, sports, entertainment, and weather coverage, as well as politics and other current affairs.

Dawn News is available to DISH Network customers for $39.99 per month as part of the 11-channel PAK Mega Pack.

DISH Network offers more than 170 international channels in more than 28 languages – more than any other pay-TV provider. To learn more about DISH Network’s international programming or to order Dawn News, call 1-877-478-8872 or visit International Programming & International Channels at DISH Network.

English language news channel from somewhere outside the USA government/media complex, I like.

40 bucks a month for one channel, I don't like.

Why couldn't there be a "technical problem" with this channel instead of ESPNU-HD?

It's $40 for the entire 11 channel Pakistan pack... however, since the rest is probably in Arabic...

or maybe Urdu? But I agree the channel would be of greater interest than to Pakastani ex-pats in the US. I would love to see Dish offer English language stations from outside the US to all customers. My guess and only a guess would be this is a relatively cheap channel to broadcast. I would have watched Desi TV (yes I know it was an American network) if it were part of the AEP. I often find interesting things to watch on KBS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)