Day one experience, and hopper logo always on screen on joey watching the same channel as hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

peppert

Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Santa Cruz Mountains
Hey all - ordered 2 hoppers and 3 joeys this AM, scheduled install for tomorrow but they showed up at noon. Oh, well, the wife had to deal with the installers all day while i worked :D

Love most things about the system, but a couple of annoyances:

1. HDCP enforced for HBO and others. My prev. 211 VIP didn't enforce this on HDMI. Very annoying to have to upgrade my TV for the same 1080i signal I was getting before. As someone who negotiates with content companies for broadcast rights I understand full well that this is HBO being jackwagons, but it still sucks to lose functionality and be forced to upgrade on something that used to work.
  2. I've noticed when watching whatever's currently tuned to on the hopper on a Joey, a small Hopper logo is placed in the bottom right corner. Any way to remove this thing? I don't see anything in settings or even know why it's there.
  3. Primetime Anytime won't work until tomorrow, even though I had everything up and installed and chosen before 5 PM Pacific. Looking forward to seeing how it works after it does tomorrow's first set of recordings.
  4. Apps are incredibly buggy and don't render correctly. Worse, I had the Hopper stuck with an App on screen with no way to exit it, and exiting them on any device in my house seems to leave the tuner on a black screen until going into the guide and physically reselecting a channel.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the install (the San Jose manager and an assistant did it personally) and the great turn around time, even with the hiccups and annoyances in the platform. I'm hoping the little nitpick details get addressed. Really looking forward to watching this platform mature and the day that Hoppers can talk to each other.

Too answer #2 - try hitting the cancel button. I did an install a couple weeks ago for a Dish big wig and we noticed this at his house too. I finally just tried pressing cancel and the Roo went away.

I've only noticed the Roo when I join (or hop onto) another tuners feed. I think it's letting you know you're jumping on someone elses feed. At least that's my best explanation at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts