De La Hoya vs Mayweather

When you purchase a PPV event is it available on all receivers? I have a dual receiver with DVR upstairs and a regular receiver in my basement. Can I watch a PPV on both receivers?

When you purchase a PPV event is it available on all receivers? I have a dual receiver with DVR upstairs and a regular receiver in my basement. Can I watch a PPV on both receivers?

If you order online or over the phone the events will be available on all receivers on your account. If you order via the remote it is only available on that 1 receiver.

2 notes here:
1) I believe that there is a charge for ordering over the phone but I can't remember what it is. I had to order a game one time over the phone because the website was down and I wanted to get it on all boxes and they waived the fee for me.

2) Supposedly if you order the exact same event (same channel same time, etc.) via remote from different boxes on the same account you will only be charged once, but this just seems like looking for trouble to me. I would use one of the other two methods.

2) Supposedly if you order the exact same event (same channel same time, etc.) via remote from different boxes on the same account you will only be charged once, but this just seems like looking for trouble to me. I would use one of the other two methods.

You are correct. It has to be the same channel, the same time slot, the same event code for this to happen. I have done it before and not had any issues of double billing. If you did get double billed, I would just call up a CSR and have them credit the accout because you are allowed to recive that programming on all of your recivers.

455 is on 119 satellite

472 is on 148 and 61.5 satellites

It might be even at 456 also maybe (but not sure for sure about this one) .. but if it will be - 456 comes from 110 satellite

If you order online or over the phone the events will be available on all receivers on your account. If you order via the remote it is only available on that 1 receiver.

2 notes here:
1) I believe that there is a charge for ordering over the phone but I can't remember what it is. I had to order a game one time over the phone because the website was down and I wanted to get it on all boxes and they waived the fee for me.

1) 5$

2) Yes you can order same event on more than 1 receiver without being charged twice. If double billed in error, call dish.

I refuse to say how I'm doing it... but listening to the BBC do radio play by play of the build up to the fight and, in a few minutes, the actual fight has the wife and I feeling totally old school. Nothing like getting to listen to the fight live and then I'll get to see it next week on HBO for free.

God I love the BBC.

Just got home from work... Someone on the night shift was really bummed out that he couldn't get the day off to watch the fight. His solution was to bring one of his D* receivers, a dish, and some useless odds and ends of wire from home. He asked me to set it up for him, so I went down to Home Depot and picked up a 100' roll of RG6 and a bullseye level. I set the dish up on a chair on the balcony, pointed it in roughly the right direction, and hooked the receiver up to one of the office security monitors. In about 20 minutes the whole thing was set up and the show was on.

Good thing the guy is my supervisor! :D

I dont like these strategy fights... I think the last couple of seconds when they really started wailing on each other was the best part :)

I am at a beautiful resort oceanside in st. maarten in the carribean. I thought I would miss the fight.....no

the night club here had 4 Hd projectors setup with the fight on. had about 100 watching, lots of fun!

what was suprising is the use E* here. I thought it was too far away, but guess not. I know E* sells in Puerto Rico, but thought the were really strict about international stuff. I laugh seeing the dishes around here, the go in every direction, even north sometimes. the best are some pointing straight up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts